Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Wonder to behold "Click" to Login or Register 
Site Administrator
IHC Life Member
Picture of Phillip Sanchez
posted
I just received this beauty from Chris. This is what this hobby of ours is all about.

Just magnificent. Smile

Posts: 4975 | Location: North Georgia Mountains in the U.S.A. | Registered: March 31, 2006
IHC Life Member

Picture of Jerry King
posted
I agree, what a beauty this watch is....

Great watch, Phil, Thanks for showing it to us....

Regards,
Jerry

Posts: 2828 | Location: California in the USA | Registered: June 23, 2008
posted
I keep thinking that these Sangamos are undervalued in the Price Guide. When Meggers wrote the book on Illinois he said he thought that the Getty models were the most beautiful.

Posts: 827 | Location: Bloomington, Illinois in the USA | Registered: September 29, 2008
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
Needless to say, I am in full agreement. Congrats Phil, you did well on that deal.

The Getty movement has (to me) the most positive and durable wind and set mechanism of all the 16 size American P.W. designs. There is little fuss and bother with it and it repairs easily. To me this is the "Hydromatic" of the watch Industry, and I remain very curious as to some explanation why this design was dropped for the more "conventional" stuff that followed out of Illinois W.Co.

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
IHC Member 1101
Site Moderator
Picture of Steve Middlesworth
posted
Phil,

A beautiful timepiece. Chris made it look new again and I'm sure it keeps great time. Gotta love those Gettys.

Steve

Posts: 1980 | Location: Kentucky in the USA | Registered: March 18, 2008
posted
Love that scripted dial, Phil.

Posts: 2962 | Location: Western New York in the USA | Registered: March 24, 2008