• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Appropriate Case "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I picked up a Hamilton 992B this last week that has a bad case, but the movement is in good shapes and the porcelain dial in minty condition with no hairlines or chips. The serial number is in the 170K range. Since the oringinal #11 model case is shot, what cases would be appropriate for that time era 992B. I'm assuming that the model #11 is coreect for the year know where it came from, but could be wrong. Any insight on this would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Jared

Posts: 1626 | Location: North Dakota in the USA | Registered: December 09, 2009
posted
Here is a good link that should help, match the date of your movement to the dates for the cases. 185 Hamilton case info

Posts: 1797 | Location: Michigan in the USA | Registered: September 19, 2009
IHC Vice President
Pitfalls Moderator
IHC Life Member
Picture of Edward L. Parsons, Jr.
posted
Jared,

Your C170K 992B is from 1946 production.

The Case 11 would be correct, the earlier version with pendant shoulders that is, also the Case A with pendant shoulders. The Bar-over-Crown Case Model No. 2 or 10 would also be correct for 1946, as well as the tutone Bar-over-Crown No. 3 case.

Best Regards,

Ed

Posts: 6696 | Location: Southwestern Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: April 19, 2004
posted
Thanks Claude and Ed for your help. I think I will just have to keep my eyes open. hopefully for another model 11 case, but if need be it gives me some alternative styles to look for. The movement and dial deserve to be housed in a clean, original case.

Thanks,

Jared

Posts: 1626 | Location: North Dakota in the USA | Registered: December 09, 2009
IHC Member 163
Picture of Mark Cross
posted
FYI, Chris Abell has several Hamilton cases for sale at his website, two Case A's, if you haven't seen them:

http://www.abellwatchmakers.com/Hamilton.htm

Regards! Mark

Posts: 3831 | Location: Estill Springs, Tennessee, USA | Registered: December 02, 2002