• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Columbus Script dial "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Sheila stated that she wanted to see a pic of the old English script Columbus dial that I got at National. One little edge chip at the 40, but I can live with that for $5.

Tom

Picture of Joseph W. Robinson
posted
Hey Again Tom,

Wow a very nice dial... especially for $5. Nice Columbus DS dials are hard to come by in this condition. For Sheila, here is another example of the old English script. But I paid a lot more than $5. Roll Eyes This one is mounted to a 23 jewel Columbus Railway King. This dial is a bit unique as it is for the Canadian market. Can you see how?

Joe

Posts: 150 | Location: Milan, Tennessee USA | Registered: December 20, 2005
posted
Here is another pic with the bezel off.

Joe

posted
Hi Joe, That is a great dial. Wow! Mine faces a 17J Columbus King that I got a while back without a dial. Have been waiting for the right one to pop up.

Tom

posted
Nice 24hr dial there, with hours instead of minutes outside the minute track.

Norman

Posts: 153 | Location: Northeastern United States | Registered: December 18, 2005
posted
Thanks Norman and yes you are correct. Columbus had a number of unique dials. I have another Canadian style that I'll picture and post tomorrow.

Joe