• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Railroad Pocket Watch Specs "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Hello can some one enlighten me to the spec of a Railroad class PW, as belive it has to be over a certain jewelage? but seen some listed that do not even come close. Thanks every one. Francis...

Posts: 375 | Location: Brisbane in Australia | Registered: January 24, 2010
IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted
It varied over the years Francis Confused . Do you have the Fat Book? Wink It has quite a few pages of specs and models of railroad approved watches. Eek It is really like a bible for watch collectors, filled with information, and can be bought cheaper from Lindell or Debbie at IHC185 than anywhere else Big Grin

https://ihc185.infopop.cc/eve/f...6019371/m/6423981757

Posts: 1746 | Location: Aylmer, Ontario in Canada | Registered: December 15, 2009
posted
Hello Tom thanks mate but at the moment i do have plenty of BIBLEs but not the one you mentioned.Just needed a brief over view of the latest specs, would be wonderful.19-23j blah blah blah. I do know that the book u mention is worth is weight in gold.

IHC Life Member

Picture of Jerry King
posted
Hello Francis....Tom has given you great advice, the Price Guide is an indispensible tool in watch collecting....

The following link will give you basic information regarding the Rail Road Watch Requirements....

Rail Road Watch Standards....

Regards,

Jerry

Posts: 2828 | Location: California in the USA | Registered: June 23, 2008
posted
Thank you gentleman, for your awesome advice. Bob Murry sent me thru a Santa Fe Railway hand book with the Spec required by the Railway Department.... I do have to get one of those books. At them moment I only need basic information to inform some one there listing was incorrect in EBay and there watch was NOT railroad class.Once again thanks Every one.....