• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

16sz Hamilton Dial Question "Click" to Login or Register 

posted
Cannot find a model # in the Hamilton section for this Porcelain-Enamel... I have seen this specific style of dial on a 992B, but not sure if that is correct. Looks like #576 but only a single sunk or it looks like the 081, but not a monty... Ok Hamilton folks help a brother out!

TYIA Smile

Posts: 7178 | Location: Illinois in the USA | Registered: November 11, 2011
IHC Life Member
Picture of Larry Lamphier
posted
Just send it to ME Jon. I'm sure in time I will figure it out for you!! Smile

Regards,
Larry

Posts: 2733 | Location: Northeastern United States | Registered: February 28, 2010

posted
LoL - Larry...

Have you seen this factory dial before? I have on a 992B (can only assume that is correct), but odd that is doesn't show up in the list RR put together in the Hamilton section...

Thanks!

IHC Member 1357
posted
Jon,my research only confirms your findings.
Roger

Posts: 4094 | Location: Carbon, Texas in the USA | Registered: January 24, 2010
Picture of Richard Romero
posted
Jon,

About a year ago Phil posted a dial that has the same characteristics as yours. Here’s the link to that post:

16 size hamilton dial...Number???

It would be helpful to know the serial number of the movement you found the dial on. If and when more of these single sunk, porcelain-enamel, Blind Man dials show up possibly it can be established whether they originally came on watches or were a replacement dial Hamilton used.

RR

Posts: 1413 | Location: Fremont, California in the USA | Registered: February 06, 2010

posted
Richard,

This dial was a floater (not on a movement). The last one I ran across was on the 992B (I believe from the mid 40s). Appreciate the help Smile