Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Silveride Watch case "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
posted
What case maker used the name Silveride?
I've seen many cases with the name, but no makers name with it.
Just wondering.

Steve

Posts: 692 | Location: Washington in the USA | Registered: May 23, 2010
posted
Hi Steve,

I would love to know for certain as well. I have three now, and they are my favorite nickel cases. One each of hunter stemwind, open-faced Keywind, and hunter Keywind.

I've done allot of searching to link this silveride name to a manufacturer, and have seen one case marked both "Dennison watch case company" with "Silveride" underneath. This was a pretty exciting picture to find, and it was only recently. Other than that, only a few advertisements of jewelers or supply houses selling them. I would really like to find a case in hand, or some literature.

I have the link, and the pictures are still up on the sold item, if allowed to post I will stick it up here. Can someone let me know if a link to a sold pocket watch is acceptable?

Posts: 90 | Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania in the USA | Registered: December 07, 2019
IHC Life Member
posted
Rick,
A link should be OK since it has been sold and no longer active.

The case I have is on an 1857 Waltham P.S. Bartlett from 1863 and is original to the watch, so it must be an old company.
Here's a link to the watch https://ihc185.infopop.cc/eve/...133990567#7133990567
The case is one page back.

Steve

posted
Well, that's neat.

I would absolutely love to check out a picture of your watch, and the trademark if possible.

https://www.loveantiques.com/v...-pocket-watch-148482

Edit:. Thanks for adding the link!

Posts: 90 | Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania in the USA | Registered: December 07, 2019
posted
Does your trademark match the one shown here?

IHC Life Member
posted
Rick,
Yes, mine is a match.I need to get a photo of the inside of the case.
Dennison must be the company that used the name.
First time I've seen a name along with Silveride!
(photo from your link)

Thanks!

Steve

posted
Your welcome, I was pretty happy when that picture surfaced. Have been periodically searching for Silveride for a couple years.