Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

1890's New Haven Backwind how to. "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Roland Glenn
posted
Hi all, yes another dollar watch. Just can't say no to these cheap little noisy time pieces.
Anyways my question is how do I remove the rear winding key and time set knob? Do they just pull off? This pocket watch although a bit oxidized in the outer areas is running very well and the paper dial isn't too bad either along with the case over all and the thick glass crystal and nice blued hands. Will post more images after a total clean and assembly later today.

Thank you, Roland.

R. Glenn

Posts: 437 | Location: Ryde, Isle of Wight, United Kingdom | Registered: January 18, 2010
Picture of Roland Glenn
posted
close up of back

R. Glenn

Posts: 437 | Location: Ryde, Isle of Wight, United Kingdom | Registered: January 18, 2010
Picture of Roland Glenn
posted
Front movement

R. Glenn

Picture of Roland Glenn
posted
And the old paper dial

R. Glenn

Picture of Roland Glenn
posted
Here's the old clock back together and actually keeping decent time. It was totally seized when I recieved it and after a little oil it's up and running. Not a big buck collectable, but a pocket watch none the less.

Thx, Roland.

R. Glenn

Picture of Roland Glenn
posted
Nice coining and crystal

R. Glenn

Picture of Roland Glenn
posted
And a smooth back with pocket wear, but a mint hinge.

R. Glenn

IHC Life Member
Sergeant at Arms
Picture of Scott A. Whittey
posted
I like it

Posts: 293 | Location: California City, California USA | Registered: May 05, 2005