Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Very early Manhattan Watch Co. find "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Roland Glenn
posted
Decided to get this one after reading up on the brand. It's a 16s (well sorta as case is 18s) time only model with the one button to pull and set the hands. It's got a paper dial that is faded, but original and has the neat patented 1883 exposed winding wheel on the back plate. It runs according to the seller, but will get a nice cleaning when it arrives next week.

The serial is 28356 which puts it into maybe the end of the second or start of the third year (1886) of the companies history. They started in 1883 and went till 1891 so in 8 yrs they made 160,000 watches.

So any info or ideas on this odd ball is always appreciated.

Roland

R. Glenn

Posts: 437 | Location: Ryde, Isle of Wight, United Kingdom | Registered: January 18, 2010
Picture of Roland Glenn
posted
The dial. M.W.Co

R. Glenn

Posts: 437 | Location: Ryde, Isle of Wight, United Kingdom | Registered: January 18, 2010
Picture of Roland Glenn
posted
Winding wheel

R. Glenn

Picture of Roland Glenn
posted
Back plate

R. Glenn

Picture of Roland Glenn
posted
The serial #

R. Glenn

Picture of Roland Glenn
posted
And the back.

R. Glenn

Picture of Roland Glenn
posted
If anyones into early dollar watches, I've got a couple listed on the bay amongst my Opel manual collection

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsa...ittletoyboy98QQhtZ-1

Roland

R. Glenn

Picture of Richard Romero
posted
Roland,
That's a neat looking watch especially that big winding wheel. I bet it really gives a loud click when it's wound. Someday I'm going to get a Westclox Pocket Ben with a black dial to match my Big Ben loud alarm.
RR

Posts: 1413 | Location: Fremont, California in the USA | Registered: February 06, 2010
posted
That looks like one of George Coller's auctions. I've dealt with him in the past, and he seems to be one of the good guys.

Posts: 2962 | Location: Western New York in the USA | Registered: March 24, 2008