Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Santa Fe Watch Co. question "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Edward Kitner
posted
I just recently received a 21j Illinois watch I won on Ebay.
The pictures were fuzzy and the description was not very good. I did notice the damasceene pattern and it looked to be a rayed pattern like the Bunn, Sangamo and the Santa Fe's so I took a chance and bid on it.
It is a mdl #9, grade 806 with an "interupted rayed pattern" and has guilded screws. The Illinois data base says it is a Santa Fe Watch Co. watch, but it does not have Santa Fe anywhere on the movement. Could this just be a regular Illinois that was produce within a run of Santa Fe watches? The run was 4000 watches.

Posts: 1488 | Location: New York State in the USA | Registered: March 04, 2008
IHC Member 1291
Picture of Buster Beck
posted
This has the nice "Interrupted Ray Pattern". Many of this grade and pattern were P/L watches for the Santa Fe & Washington Watch Co. and were advertised as Adj. 5 positions.

Your question sorta answers itself, as I would say it is a regular Illinois Watch Co. watch and I would suppose some of that run were Santa Fe marked also, to be sold by the Santa Fe Watch Co. in their mail order outlet. But I haven't researched it completely, so it would be in order.

Nice running watches, they were Smile

regards,
bb

Posts: 6376 | Location: Texas in the USA | Registered: July 27, 2009
Picture of Edward Kitner
posted
Buster thanks for confirming my suspicion. Without a good description and pics I was hoping for one of the named watches. But it is a very nice looking and running movement. The case is a base metal period approprate case with a nice sliver metal dial.

Posts: 1488 | Location: New York State in the USA | Registered: March 04, 2008
posted
Not being an Illinois expert, I purchased one like this also, see below, it is a grade 606 and you will find it unmarked, marked with other names and sometimes with different dmk effects.

Posts: 1797 | Location: Michigan in the USA | Registered: September 19, 2009