Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Hampden 12S Thin Model question "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 1063
posted
I have a Thin Model in need of a crown and stem. How difficult are these parts to find and are they interchangeable with standard 12s Hampdens?

Thanks,
Dana

Posts: 242 | Location: Massachusetts in the USA | Registered: February 07, 2008
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
Dana, We need your help to learn what it is you really need. (see below) There were something like 100 casemakers who NEVER STANDARDIZED CASE STEMS AND CROWNS!

So our accumulations of Crown and stem parts (#1) and cases (#2) can only be of help if we have pictures of your case (#3 & 4) and the maker's mark of that case (#5).

Please help us see if we can help you.

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
IHC Member 1063
posted
Thanks, David. I left the watch (by mistake) on the watch repairman's display case or I would have provided pictures. I'll email him for more specific information on the watch in the meantime.

Dana

Posts: 242 | Location: Massachusetts in the USA | Registered: February 07, 2008
Picture of Brian C.
posted
Dana,
Ask your watchmaker if it's a detent stem you need. Is so, I have these, but I don't have the crown. If your stem has a sleeve that stays in the case, I don't have one of those.
Brian C.

Posts: 1857 | Location: Epsom, New Hampshire USA | Registered: December 14, 2002
12-Size Expert
Picture of Robert Schussel
posted
Diana
The thin models are different from the standard size Hampden. Thus I don't think they are interchangeable.
Bob

Posts: 621 | Location: Vallejo, California U.S.A. | Registered: July 10, 2004