Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

W.G. Tobias/Here we go again! "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Sheila Gilbert
posted
Well, I got this one just because of the WG, and curiosity. Will I be adding it to my Fakes, or maybe another chapter of Tobias's whatches?
(the middle one) Obvious Foreign case, Breguet hands? Take a look!

Sheila

WG Tobias10

Posts: 3094 | Location: La Plata, Maryland U.S.A. | Registered: May 22, 2004
Picture of Jerry Treiman
posted
I look forward to seeing more pictures when you get it. Did you get all three? The one on the right looks interesting to me. Also, what makes you believe the center case is English? Does it have hallmarks? I believe the Breguet hands are more common on Swiss watches, and the case looks similar in style to my SWISS KEYWIND.

Posts: 1455 | Location: Los Angeles, California USA | Registered: January 14, 2003
Picture of Sheila Gilbert
posted
Hi Jerry,
OOPS! I thought I wrote foreign! not English.

Looked like a lot of foreign cases I have been seeing lately.

The one on the right looked interesting to me too, but it's just a 3/0, 7J, 1922 Elgin. (according to the SN listed)
The dial was interesting. Looks unusual for a 3/0 Watch huh?
Very little information on the watches though.
The smallest is a swiss, and if the Elgin is a 3/0 I can't immagine what the smallest Swiss is!

Must be awful small!

Description:

LOT of 3 OLD POCKET WATCHES THAT DON'T WORK....The smallest one say 15 jewels , SWISS and WADSWORTH REFEREE 20 Yr. # 3693044............
The big one is silver and key wind. It sayr13 jewels HANDS # 3790 W.G. TOBIAS LIVERPOOL..It has no crystal.....The medium sized one has a borken crystal ans says 25669949 ELGIN U.S.A. on the works and KEYSTONE WATCHCASE 20 Yr. 9280920....The silver one has engraving on both sides of the case and is quite an oldie!.....

Not much to go by, but the curious mind needs to know! Big Grin

Sheila

Posts: 3094 | Location: La Plata, Maryland U.S.A. | Registered: May 22, 2004