Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Let Us See Your Train Cases "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member

Picture of Jerry King
posted
Hello, I recently found a case or two that had real good images of a Locomotive and thought it would be interesting to see some other cases that our members may have....

I will post a couple and then we will see how many others we can find and see how many different train scenes we have....

My first one is a size 18 silveroid case with an unusal Jeweler's label attached inside and maybe Tom can get me some information on the Jeweler....It is dated Sept. 17, 1916....

Regards,

Jerry

Here's #1....It looks as though my hand is pushing the train....not really though....

Posts: 2828 | Location: California in the USA | Registered: June 23, 2008
IHC Life Member

Picture of Jerry King
posted
Here's the inside view showing the Jeweler's Tag....

IHC Life Member

Picture of Jerry King
posted
Here is #2 case and is a size 16 Keystone Silveroid....with a different train scene....

IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted
My BW Raymond 24 hour dial 19j up/down indicator in a Wadsworth Permanent case ,the only such case I've ever owned WITH THE ONLY 24 HOUR UP/DOWN INDICATOR DIAL I HAVE EVER SEEN IN MY SHELTERED LIFE!!! Big Grin

Posts: 1746 | Location: Aylmer, Ontario in Canada | Registered: December 15, 2009
posted
Here is a couple I have, one is quite worn.
Bill.
This is a 16s 645 with a wadsworth case

Posts: 1278 | Location: British Columbia in Canada | Registered: May 19, 2008
posted
and this is a 18s silveroid case on a Waltham Gr.85 Mdl 1883.

Posts: 1278 | Location: British Columbia in Canada | Registered: May 19, 2008
IHC Life Member
Picture of Eugene Buffard
posted
Here is one of mine that came with a Columbus Railroad King. The 17 Jewel movement was a mess when I bought it.

Posts: 3323 | Location: Illinois in the USA | Registered: July 06, 2010
IHC Life Member
posted
Here is a shot of the movement.

IHC Life Member
posted
This might be a better photo. It is a Brass Inlay.

IHC Member 1291
Picture of Buster Beck
posted
That is one cool picture Jerry where it appears you are helping the train over the hill!! Do you by chance have the picture of the entire case before you cropped it?? If so, it needs to be entered in a photo contest !!

regards,
bb

Posts: 6376 | Location: Texas in the USA | Registered: July 27, 2009
IHC Life Member
posted
This is my best gold filled train case. I also have a nice Silverode train case, but it is with Leon Harris right now.

Posts: 718 | Location: Upstate New York in the USA | Registered: November 21, 2008
posted
This is my favorite train case. 18sz Piecrust Fahy's GF.
Houses an Illinois 24j Bunn Special.

Posts: 198 | Location: Vermilion, Ohio in the USA | Registered: May 14, 2003
IHC Life Member

Picture of Jerry King
posted
Hey, some nice looking Trains we have here and I have not seen the same one twice....

Tom, have you been able to find out any info on M. Del Terzo, Jewelers yet....kind of interested who they were....their tag in the case is cemented in and I don't want to remove it without destroying it so I really don't know who the case maker is for that case....

Thanks for any info you may be able to dig up on them....

Buster, I have no idea how that happened, in fact I did not notice it until I posted the photo, and I added the comment after posting....strange...!

Regards,

Jerry

posted
This one of my train cases.Probably my favorite as it has been embellished with gold leaf.It's so shiny it was hard to get a good picture.

Posts: 484 | Location: Georgia in the United States | Registered: August 04, 2010
posted
My everyday carry watch, purchased from a great ebayer 1254sally (He is Stan) a simple Waltham M1908 G620 15j. Just a plain Nickloid case and a worn train...but this is very similar to one my father carried in the oil fields for 30+ years. It seems pretty bullet proof.

Gary

Posts: 586 | Location: Bastrop, Texas in the USA | Registered: January 22, 2011
IHC Member 665
posted
Quite an old 18s swing ring case complete with Giles anti-magnetic shield.

Posts: 209 | Location: East Melbourne, Victoria, Australia | Registered: December 31, 2005
IHC Member 1291
Picture of Buster Beck
posted
Trains, Did I hear TRAINS Confused

Let me look around;

IHC Member 1291
Picture of Buster Beck
posted
Trains Confused

WHOA Eek Is that FIRE coming out of that stack Confused Doggone spark arrestor must be plugged up again, shut 'er down boys Mad

IHC Member 1291
Picture of Buster Beck
posted
Trains Confused

Hmmmmm;

IHC Member 1291
Picture of Buster Beck
posted
Trains Confused

Maybe a few more tomorrow if I can remember where I stashed 'em Big Grin ;

Picture of Bill Carlson
posted
Great cases. This is a hard one to see. It might be an electric or diesel. Now if it will show up.

Bill Carlson

Posts: 431 | Location: Billings, Montana USA | Registered: February 05, 2007
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator

Picture of Tom Brown
posted
I think Buster has half the train cases I am suppose to have.

Thanks for keeping them for me Buster.

Jerry

I am looking for your guy, one of those hard names to figure out the way to get results.

Tom

Posts: 5107 | Location: New Mexico in the USA | Registered: January 27, 2007
IHC Member 1357
posted
Buster,you have a lot of trains, perhaps you are "the Railroad King" Eek Roger

Posts: 4092 | Location: Carbon, Texas in the USA | Registered: January 24, 2010
IHC Life Member

Picture of Jerry King
posted
Tom, I agree with you....and Buster also has my full allotment of Train cases, no wonder you can't find them on eBay, heck, Buster has them all.... Big Grin

Thanks also Tom, for searching for M. Del Terzo of Brooklyn N Y....I don't know anything about the jeweler except what is on the label inside the case....I would like to remove the label in order to see the case maker but the label is really glued tightly....maybe I'll use heat or some such thing to soften the glue but I don't want to destroy the label either.... Thanks, again....

Regards,

Jerry

P.S.
Here is the backside of the case that Leon is restoring for me that I will be losing to my friend in order to recase his 1877 Waltham that Chris is restoring....

posted
Here is a big ole 4-6-4 steamer Elgin #361 highballing down the track

Posts: 1789 | Location: Michigan in the USA | Registered: September 19, 2009
Picture of Roland Glenn
posted
This is an Illinois "Spartan" case housing a 1901 Illinois Arlington Special 17j Getty movement.

Too bad there are initials above the locomotive.

R. Glenn

Posts: 437 | Location: Ryde, Isle of Wight, United Kingdom | Registered: January 18, 2010
IHC Member 1183
posted
Here is an Elgin 16 size hunter case with locomotive in amazing detail on the front cover. It is in the original case with case paper....

Posts: 2121 | Location: St. Peters, Missouri in the USA | Registered: September 17, 2008
IHC Member 1183
posted
The reverse depicts a railway winding through a mountain pass.

Posts: 2121 | Location: St. Peters, Missouri in the USA | Registered: September 17, 2008
Picture of Roland Glenn
posted
And had to post this one. It's a very common pressing on the Russian made Molinja 18j movements from the 1970's. This one has seen lots of pocket time.

R. Glenn

Posts: 437 | Location: Ryde, Isle of Wight, United Kingdom | Registered: January 18, 2010
Picture of Richard Romero
posted
This is a Wadsworth Pilot 18 size case housing an Illinois 21J two-tone Bunn Special.

RR

Posts: 1413 | Location: Fremont, California in the USA | Registered: February 06, 2010
posted
Jerry,
Regarding "M. Del Terzo" I found, by searching Google Books, just a snippet that says: "...Helen Del Terzo to whose bench come all clocks, watches and timing devices. Daughter of a Brooklyn jeweler, and sister of Emelia Del Terzo, concert artist, Helen acquired her skill through helping her father. ..." This is from a 1945 book about women in aviation. It appears that Mr. Del Terzo was a jeweler (obvious from your watch paper) that had a daughter who followed in his footsteps. I also found an on-line 2010 obituary for a Helen A. Del Terzo, age 96, from New York, listing her father as "Domenic" Del Terzo, so I'm not sure of the relationships. It's a start, anyway. Incidentally, Del Terzo is an Italian name that means, roughly, "from the third (child)." I hope this helps a bit.
Pete

Posts: 156 | Location: O'Fallon, Illinois U.S.A. | Registered: September 03, 2004
IHC Life Member

Picture of Jerry King
posted
Thanks Peter, I think you found the right family but now to find the old man....

Thanks, again....

Regards,

Jerry

IHC Life Member
Site Moderator

Picture of Tom Brown
posted
Jerry

I am still looking, you & Ted both came up with some tough ones.

Tom

Posts: 5107 | Location: New Mexico in the USA | Registered: January 27, 2007