• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Are Pocket Watch Mainsprings Still $50.00 "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I don't do many of my own repairs but I do sometimes try to replace a mainspring. The last ones I bought were around$8 to $10 dollars but I heard they are now much more expensive.
I just got a like new 16sz Burlington 21j Hunter with a broken mainspring. The serial number is 3809428. The Big Blue Illinois book says it is a model 6. Can anyone help me with a source for a mainspring I can afford that will let me save this little beauty?? Thanks much in advance...Keith

Posts: 198 | Location: Vermilion, Ohio in the USA | Registered: May 14, 2003
IHC Member 179
E. Howard Expert
Picture of Harold Visser
posted
Kas-ker at "jewelerssupply.com" has the white alloy springs for 14.95. My book lists 6 different springs for the 16sz Illinois, so I can't give you the trade number without knowing the spring measurements...
harold

Posts: 352 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona USA | Registered: November 25, 2002
IHC Member 179
E. Howard Expert
Picture of Harold Visser
posted
That link is dead, it's " www.casker.com " now. Sorry
Harold

posted
Keith,
If you have the spring number or size I can check the parts house in L.A. I can usually get em pretty cheap there.

Posts: 1499 | Location: Rancho Cucamonga, California USA | Registered: December 20, 2006
posted
Thanks Ray and Harold, The Illinois factory number is 47315. I think I'll post a wanted add and if nobody has one to sell I'll buy one from Casker as Harold suggested........Keith

Posts: 198 | Location: Vermilion, Ohio in the USA | Registered: May 14, 2003
IHC Member 179
E. Howard Expert
Picture of Harold Visser
posted
Factory number 47315 is trade number JA or SA410,
20.5 inches long, 2.7mm wide and strength .185
T-brace end. Try to get the white alloy kind, not the old blue factory style, which many times has taken a set by now....
Harold