• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Need help identifying NH Watch Co Pocket Watch "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I have a NH Watch Co Pocket Watch. This name is shown on the dial and movement. I am assuming the
letters NH stand for New Haven. The watch has a serial #2042657 on the movement and
has 7 jewels. The watch, has a lever set and is size 18. The case is open front with screw off bezel and back cover, and has a side winder. I would like to know if this watch was made by the
New Haven Watch Co (or another co.) and the date
of manufacture. I wasn't able to find very much
information on the internet that would help ID
this watch. Any input will be appreciated!

Thank You
John

Posts: 4 | Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania in the USA | Registered: March 11, 2011
IHC Life Member

Picture of Jerry King
posted
John, it would be of extreme help if you would post photo's of the watch....

Dial

Movement

Since you said it was a 'side winder' photos of the inside of the case rear cover are not necessary because this is not the original case....

Regards,

Jerry

Posts: 2828 | Location: California in the USA | Registered: June 23, 2008
posted
Hello Jerry,

Thanks for the reply. I hope the following photos,
movement and dial have good quality. I had to reduce the size.

Thanks John

P1010010

Posts: 4 | Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania in the USA | Registered: March 11, 2011
posted
The dial.

P1010007

posted
Hi John, cannot really get a closeup look at the pictures but it does appear to be a Swiss made watch or "Swiss Fake" as some would say, looks like a nice watch. Does not look like a New Haven movement.
Ray

Posts: 1499 | Location: Rancho Cucamonga, California USA | Registered: December 20, 2006
IHC Life Member

Picture of Jerry King
posted
Hello John, glad to see the photo's you posted....

I am not a Swiss expert and really cannot comment as to the authenticity of the watch however as Ray indicated it may be a Swiss reproduction and if so there will be others that may come along and give us their opinion as well....

Regards,

Jerry

Posts: 2828 | Location: California in the USA | Registered: June 23, 2008
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
Interesing Swiss Movement. When the Jewels are so close together, either they used 12s pars or then while some of those Jewel plates are real, some are . . . . Confused

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007