• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Waltham vangard question "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Hi fellows I was wondering since I read that many waltham vangard parts are interchangable --are the dials say from a later vangard able to fit an earlier model thanks RJMc

Posts: 60 | Location: New York in the USA | Registered: February 05, 2013
posted
It may, but then you would have a watch with the wrong dial on it. Watches like that are usually frowned on by collectors and will cause the value of the watch to be lower.
If the dial on your watch is bad look for a replacement that matches your dial. A good candidate may be a watch that isnt working or being sold for parts.

Posts: 1143 | Location: Chicago, Illinois in the USA | Registered: September 05, 2010
IHC Vice President
Pitfalls Moderator
IHC Life Member
Picture of Edward L. Parsons, Jr.
posted
Jim is right, collectors want correct examples and that's the basis of the book values. If you go switching things around too much, the end result will be a watch that is worth substantially less than a correct example, should you want to sell it at a later date.

Best Regards,

Ed

Posts: 6696 | Location: Southwestern Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: April 19, 2004
posted
OK thanks I kinda new that but now my question is around what year did they start making the dials that said Waltham Vangard 23 jewels and some said Waltham premier Vangard 23 jewels thanks guys I hope some one can fill me in as I been looking for a nice one of these but not with the pressed jewels thanks again RJMc

Posts: 60 | Location: New York in the USA | Registered: February 05, 2013