Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Ellery jewels "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Kenneth Morford
posted
I need to replace two of the jewels in this timepiece, but can not see the forest for the trees. Unlike the later watches, there is no supporting metal nor screws to hold the jewel. ALmost looks as though they are just set inside the hole or glued in place. Two questions: Where do I go to find the proper size jewel which I will measure with a caliper- and how do I secure the jewel in place?

Posts: 46 | Location: Decatur, Michigan in the USA | Registered: August 01, 2009
posted
another view

Posts: 46 | Location: Decatur, Michigan in the USA | Registered: August 01, 2009
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
Get a parts watch with good jewels and send them both to Chris Abell.

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
posted
I'm sorry Dave, I don't understand what you mean.

IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted
hi; Dave means find another movement to use as an organ (jewel) donor and send both movements to our club's own great watchmaker Chris Abell and have him swap them out for you Big Grin

Posts: 1746 | Location: Aylmer, Ontario in Canada | Registered: December 15, 2009
posted
Got ya

IHC Life Member
Picture of Eugene Buffard
posted
The jewels are bezel set which means the metal has to be formed around the jewel. Which 2 jewels are you needing. And can you measure the pinion that goes thru the jewels that you need. I have about 6 Kw Waltham movements that I might be able to help you out with. As for as installing them. I agree with the post above. Chris or another Professional Watchmaker would be the way to go. I have never bezel set a jewel.

Posts: 3323 | Location: Illinois in the USA | Registered: July 06, 2010