Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Illinois Serial Number Info "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Hi,

i am interested in buying an Illinois with the Serial Number 2103622. I need a bit more info about that watch. Sorry no photo.

Posts: 40 | Location: Rietberg in Germany | Registered: November 20, 2004
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
Andre, The serial number you list is an 18-size 21 Jewel Open Face Grade 89 Movement of 1908 production. There were about 2480 made per the below description. The "Book Value" is about US$200.00 - US$ 250.00. They should be commented as at least a "1 star" collectible but that is not considered in the "book".

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
I have a more Common Grade 89 17 Jewel Movement that shows the fine 2-tone finish work sometimes done on these . .

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
posted
Brilliant. I think i go for it.

Thank you David.

IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
Andre I think you are looking at ebay;

http://cgi.ebay.com/Spectacula...C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

And I expect this will be a very nice watch. If you win It and the seller hesitates to send to you in Germany let me know and I will take it and forward it to you.

posted
Correct. Cool

I already done business with her. So its no problem. Thank you for the offer.

Picture of Sheila Gilbert
posted
Beautiful! I will be cheering for you!

Sheila

Posts: 3094 | Location: La Plata, Maryland U.S.A. | Registered: May 22, 2004
posted
Haha. Thanks Sheila.

If it works it completes my first "treasure box". That took 5 years now. Time to order the second for another 16 watches. Big Grin

Picture of Mary Ann Scott
posted
Andre, That is a very nice movement with beautiful damaskeening! Go for it so you can complete your treasure box!

Posts: 1047 | Location: The Colony, Texas in the USA | Registered: December 20, 2008
posted
Lucky... Cool