• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

The Long-Awaited Gothic Dial "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I finally found one of the coolest Seth dials ever ...

Posts: 2962 | Location: Western New York in the USA | Registered: March 24, 2008
posted
... in lousy condition ...

Posts: 2962 | Location: Western New York in the USA | Registered: March 24, 2008
posted
... in a clunker case ...

posted
... fronting a crappy movement. Big Grin

IHC Life Member
Site Moderator
Picture of John J. Flahive III
posted
What a beautiful pocket watch. Big Grin

Thanks for sharing.

Posts: 1755 | Location: Colorado in the USA | Registered: October 17, 2005
IHC Life Member
posted
Eric-
What a terrible watch! Ship it to me, and I will make sure nobody has to look at it again! Big Grin

Regards,
Bob

Posts: 218 | Location: Oak Harbor, Washington in the USA | Registered: May 21, 2009
Site Administrator
IHC Life Member
Picture of Phillip Sanchez
posted
Trade you a mess of collards, bag of grits and a Georgia bulldog.

Posts: 4975 | Location: North Georgia Mountains in the U.S.A. | Registered: March 31, 2006
IHC Life Member
Picture of Eugene Buffard
posted
Is it a 21 jewel. Great Watch.

Posts: 3323 | Location: Illinois in the USA | Registered: July 06, 2010
IHC Life Member
Wristwatch Host
Picture of Tony Dukes
posted
Eric,
Thanks for sharing the pics of your Maiden Lane. What a beauty of a watch.
Tony

Posts: 1953 | Location: Atlanta, Georgia in the U.S.A. | Registered: August 01, 2003
IHC Member 1291
Picture of Buster Beck
posted
Ship that 17J badboy on down to Texas. I will leave you an oilwell in my will. Might throw in a longhorn and a Comanche 6000 year old arrowhead Eek [Longhorn is cut and that's NO bull]

regards,
bb

Posts: 6376 | Location: Texas in the USA | Registered: July 27, 2009
Administrative Assistant
Picture of Dr. Debbie Irvine
posted

Fantastic!

Smile

Posts: 5220 | Location: Northern Ohio in the U.S.A. | Registered: December 04, 2002
posted
Eric,
Love your watch (and pictures)! Remember our pact.... friends forever.

Posts: 803 | Location: Knoxville, Tennessee in the USA | Registered: September 02, 2009
posted
Very pretty Smile
To think that a company went to all the trouble to create such a nice looking movement, that would be hidden behind a cover.

Posts: 1143 | Location: Chicago, Illinois in the USA | Registered: September 05, 2010
IHC Vice President
Pitfalls Moderator
IHC Life Member
Picture of Edward L. Parsons, Jr.
posted
Nice example Eric, thanks for showing it to us. That should go in the photo gallery.

Best Regards,

Ed

Posts: 6696 | Location: Southwestern Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: April 19, 2004
Railway Historian
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator
Picture of Larry Buchan
posted
Hello Eric:

How about a beaver pelt, snowshoes, mukluks, and a canoe without a paddle, and the hole in the bottom of it. Nice Seth Thomas, a real treasure.

Larry

Posts: 3370 | Location: Okotoks Alberta Canada | Registered: November 22, 2002
posted
Bad Phil already wants to trade away his dog and the contents of his refrigerator.

Buster wants to donate antiques and livestock.

Mike wants to come over for supper.

Larry wants to give away his clothes and his transportation.

I've always figured we should ditch the dollar and the DJIA, and go back to the barter system. Big Grin They are pretty, though, aren't they?

IHC Life Member
Wristwatch Host
Picture of Tony Dukes
posted
Eric,
How many maiden lanes do you own? Please post pics of all the ones in your collection.
Tony

Posts: 1953 | Location: Atlanta, Georgia in the U.S.A. | Registered: August 01, 2003
IHC Life Member
Picture of William D. White
posted
Eric,

I don't recall ever seeing a watch movement quite as nice as that one...true eye candy! I once had a two tone Otay Native Son that was really similar. It had stars on the balance cock which was very cool. Should have kept that one.

William

Posts: 1568 | Location: San Francisco, California USA | Registered: September 01, 2008
posted
Wow! Fantastic watch!

Posts: 357 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: April 05, 2008
IHC Member 1418
Railroad Time Inspector
posted
I am in envey, amazing.
Walter

Posts: 105 | Location: British Columbia in Canada | Registered: May 05, 2010
posted
simply elegant!!!!!! Don't waste your time trading for food and bull (lol). I'll trade you the EP Henry patio I just built....... shipping it could be a beast though. P.S. I've been looking for a Seth Thomas pocket watch to add to my collection, now I know what to look for. Thanks for sharing the pic's

Posts: 311 | Location: New Jersey in the USA | Registered: February 13, 2011