Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Any Hints On How To Get Backs Off "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of David Flegel
posted
I have two watches and the backs seem to be on with super glue. Any hints on how to get them off without causing damage.

Posts: 1212 | Location: Ontario in Canada | Registered: February 06, 2012
IHC Life Member
Picture of Tom Weinstock
posted
I had this happen to me recently with a FeeBay purchase. I found a post somewhere on the web that said to use a hot glue gun. Make a little puddle smaller than the diameter of the case on something solid (I used a counter top)...then set the watch on the puddle. Let it set up for a few minutes, then...twist the watch and the case back should remain in place. Carefully pry the case back off of the glue...then the counter top. I did this on a 14K GF Bunn Special case with no problems...and no damage to the case. Good luck!

Posts: 496 | Location: Wisconsin in the USA | Registered: March 10, 2012
IHC Life Member
Picture of Eugene Buffard
posted
I searches [remove case back] on this page and here is the results. Link

Posts: 3323 | Location: Illinois in the USA | Registered: July 06, 2010
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
I like that Hot glue idea! Gonna try it next time the problem comes up.

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
posted
The greatest tip I ever got was bicycle tire black rubber inner air tube. Buy a nice size tube, cut it up in pieces, about 3x3 inches. Use them to grip the case. It works 95% of the time. The ones that don't work, a gentle tap around the edges then the tubes, that gets 99% of the rest. the last one, a light drop of oil in a few spots, them the tire tube a day later. That works on the rest.If all else fails, beat them with a hammer, it gets them open and really makes them look very different with done.

Posts: 5101 | Location: Buffalo, New York in the USA | Registered: November 11, 2009
Picture of David Flegel
posted
Thanks a lot Andy that last idea was brillant. Exactly what I feel like doing.

Posts: 1212 | Location: Ontario in Canada | Registered: February 06, 2012
Picture of Peter Kaszubski
posted
I did one case with crazy glue and 3/4 hex nut
works for me.

Posts: 4395 | Location: Arizona in the USA | Registered: July 23, 2011