Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Marshal staking set arrangement (Original) "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
Picture of Patrick Wallin
posted
This is how they come from the factory. However, beware each set had different quantities of tools. No matter what set you bought you got the big box, capable of holding all the tools if you needed to up grade. If you bought the small set you got it in a big box BUT they were all arranged the in same order. Marshal has a system as does K&D where the numbers match from side to side. If you use a round punch to set a staff the flat nosed punch you would use is in the same hole on the opposite side of the box.
Hope this helps somebody.

PLEASE READ MY POST HERE IN THIS TOPIC ON JUNE 17 @ 16:18

(IGNORE THESE FIRST TWO PHOTOS)

Posts: 1732 | Location: Enumclaw, Washington in the USA | Registered: October 02, 2011
IHC Life Member
posted
Right side

Posts: 1732 | Location: Enumclaw, Washington in the USA | Registered: October 02, 2011
IHC Life Member
Certified Watchmaker
Picture of Chris Abell
posted
Pat,
A far better setup is to have the flat punch in vertical row with its corresponding ball faced punch immediately to the right so you have the pair at hand, note the K&D are set 30 numbers apart. I have the K&D makers maps somewhere showing this set up.

Posts: 2625 | Location: Northeast Texas in the USA | Registered: November 20, 2003
Administrative Assistant
Picture of Dr. Debbie Irvine
posted

Dave Abbe posted the K & D layout here...

HELP WITH PUNCH NUMBERS

...and apparently there is also one for the Marshall set as well.

K & D arrangement

Posts: 5234 | Location: Northern Ohio in the U.S.A. | Registered: December 04, 2002
IHC Life Member
posted
I came back here today to delete my information as it is erroneous. I used the incorrect photos and must ask that you ignore this arrangement. Due to the fact that others have already posted I must leave it and I will update it ASAP. Chris is correct on the K&D set but Marshal uses a lettering difference with matching numbers. A15 would be, on the other side of the box B15. Give me a minute to get my picture together and I will post it.

IHC Life Member
posted
A full Marshal set in the box. Marshall gave everyone the big box, even with the small set so you could expand it. Notice on the right there are two holes empty but 1 of the punches is in the anvil. This is from a Marshal advertising flier by the factory. I believe that Marshall was lacking in their advertisements as they listed no (that I can find) diagrams of their arrangements. As Chris said the K&D works good with a vertical arrangement and there is no reason you cannot arrange your Marshal set the same way. To each, his or her own way works best.