• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

My Latest Hamilton "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I just picked this Hamilton up this week for $200, and yes, the owner thought he had a "992". even if it was just a 992, I would have jumped on it! I'll take the free upgrade to a 992 Elinvar though. A little bit of cleaning and a balance staff later, it is back up to snuff. I would have to say this is one of the nicest Hamiltons I have. Everything looks to be correct on it as the case and movement are circa 1930. First, The dial is a #522, correct for a 992E and spectacular with no hairlines or chips.

Posts: 1626 | Location: North Dakota in the USA | Registered: December 09, 2009
posted
The case is a model 2 case from 1930 era and in very nice shape. The only wear thru is a little tiny spot on the underneath side of the bow. IT had GF chain on it, so I'm guessing it had done that dirty deed.

posted
and last, but not least. The movement. It is very clean. The back lid of the watch sports about 4 sets of initials / dates from services in the past. From what I can tell, everyone of them treated this watch as it should have been. I originally bought it to resell, but after getting it cleaned up, I think its going in my collection and my elinvar is getting sold. Nothing wrong with my other one, but not quite as nice as this one.

IHC Member 1508
posted
$200.00?! Nice score Jared! Wish I could be so lucky. Regards, Brad

Posts: 956 | Location: Wenatchee, Washington in the USA | Registered: December 14, 2010
IHC Member 1016
posted
I think you made a very good deal. These are something all Hamilton collectors seem to prize. I have one in the same case, but WGF, and I think they are the cat's meow!

Posts: 3112 | Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon in the USA | Registered: October 13, 2007