WWT Shows CLICK TO: Join and Support Internet Horology Club 185™ IHC185™ Forums

• Check Out Our... •
• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

I need info on this Elgin Masonic dial. Cool F L T chain & Fob. "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Bob Christie
posted
I picked this up on consignment today. The gentleman wants 3000.00 for the watch and chain. How many of these dials were made and what is it worth? The mvt. is a 18s B.W. Raymond ( Gilded ) stem set S.N. 4905708. The dial has a surface chip on the outer edge at the 5 min. marker, other than that the dial is in very good condition. The chain & fob stretched out is 13 inches long and weighs 30.4 DWT or penny weight. The fob is marked on both sides F L T. It is supposed to be solid gold, but I have not checked it yet. It appear's to be marked 15C, what ever that means. Can anyone tell me what this is worth? Case has brass on the bow, is keystone 25 year, with no dents, dings, or brassing.
Bob Christie

Posts: 162 | Location: Eldorado Springs, Missouri USA | Registered: August 11, 2005
Picture of Bob Christie
posted

Posts: 162 | Location: Eldorado Springs, Missouri USA | Registered: August 11, 2005
Picture of Bob Christie
posted

Picture of Bob Christie
posted
This is a close up picture of the surface chip. ( no hairlines )

Picture of Bob Christie
posted

Picture of Bob Christie
posted

Picture of Bob Christie
posted

Picture of Bob Christie
posted

posted
Bob, I don't believe that your dial is a Masonic dial. Nothing on the dial refers to Masonry. I think your dial is from Modern Woodman of America, which is a mutual insurance society. They were founded in the 1800's and still function today.

Tom

Picture of Jerry Treiman
posted
Actually the symbols are from the Independent Order of Odd Fellows. You can learn more about the order and see some of these symbols at their website - http://www.ioof.org/

Posts: 1455 | Location: Los Angeles, California USA | Registered: January 14, 2003
IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted

Jerry is entirely correct.

The Independant Order of Odd Fellows is one of the great fraternal organizations that, much like their worthy goals of "Friendship, Love and Truth" are sadly slipping away these days.

At the website Jerry linked you'll notice they have a unique research facility. Looks to me like it may be possible to trace "H. G. Page Jr." and find out more about him. That could prove very worthwhile.

Great find Bob, without question the nicest Odd Fellows watch dial I've ever seen. Truly a beautiful and worthwhile combination, perhaps others can weigh in on the value of this remarkable find.

Thanks for sharing it!

Lindell

Wink

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
IHC Member 376
Watchmaker
Picture of Samie L. Smith
posted
this is dial no. 1130 offered by Elgin for their watches..Bob that is a beautiful dial Smile

Posts: 3208 | Location: Monticello, Kentucky U.S.A. | Registered: June 24, 2004
posted
i thought thier credo was " friendship , love and trust " ?

Posts: 109 | Location: Brookpark, Ohio U.S.A. | Registered: January 06, 2005