WWT Shows CLICK TO: Join and Support Internet Horology Club 185™ IHC185™ Forums

• Check Out Our... •
• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

A quest for Tom Brown, E. H. Fisher Lorain-Elyria Ohio "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
A quest for Tom Brown, E. H. Fisher Lorain-Elyria Ohio

This watch is from the late 1800's but I wondered if there is any information on the Jeweler that is available.

Posts: 1797 | Location: Michigan in the USA | Registered: September 19, 2009
posted
Did you win that Seth, Claude?

Posts: 2962 | Location: Western New York in the USA | Registered: March 24, 2008
posted
Yes for the opening bid, it isn't a eye-candy Seth Thomas but with the movement and dial matching private labels I am ok with the price. I'll probably buff up the case a bit to make it look a little better and see if I can find one blued screw so it matches the other one.

IHC Life Member
Site Moderator

Picture of Tom Brown
posted
I will see what else I can find, but it would appear to be Edward H. Fisher. He was born about 1847 in Ohio. I find him in the 1880 census in Elyria as a jeweler.

I also found an article that mentions him dying about 1897, this is a link to the page;
http://books.google.com/books?...er%20jeweler&f=false

Posts: 5107 | Location: New Mexico in the USA | Registered: January 27, 2007
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator

Picture of Tom Brown
posted
Here is a article from the Elyria Republican dated 01/25/1885. I found where his store is listed as opening in 1859.

Posts: 5107 | Location: New Mexico in the USA | Registered: January 27, 2007
posted
When it comes in I will take some additional pictures, I had Eric look at the auction to give his expert insight on Seths. It appears to be a 15j 18s ls with a basic gilt movement. I noticed that Seth did not mark the movements adjusted until a bit later than this one but this one does have a patent regulator. It needs a good COA and such but appears to be in running condition.