Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

A nice 16s Trenton "Convertible" "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
Trenton Watch Co went through many phases of business plans and watch designs to try and meet a “middle market” during its storied history.

An early eruption of "originality" produced this totally independent "convertible" design that Trenton claimed could be made for both Hunter and Open-Faced standard cases. I can see where that is possible, but to give credit where it is due, I would not try to put this in anything but a Hunter Case.

I had fun restoring it though, and while quite fragile, it keeps fairly good time.

It is closing tomorrow on ebay at; http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISA...ageName=STRK:MESE:IT

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
IHC Life Member

Picture of Jerry King
posted
Dave, how does this one compare to an Elgin Convertible...? Quality wise...?

Thanks,

Jerry

Posts: 2828 | Location: California in the USA | Registered: June 23, 2008
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
Not as complex, but about the same if Elgin had ever made their convertible in a 7 J version.

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
IHC Life Member

Picture of Jerry King
posted
That would be the grade 98 which was a 7 jewel 18 size of which 6000 were made and grade 47 which was a 7 jewel 16 size and only 1000 made....

Thanks,

Regards,

Jerry

Posts: 2828 | Location: California in the USA | Registered: June 23, 2008