Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

New Member "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 1668
Picture of Donnie Tackett
posted
Hi,
First I would like to thank IHC185 for accepting me as a new member. Second I would like to introduce myself, my name is Donnie Tackett I live in a small town in Southern WV where I am actively employed on the railroad. I have just recently become interested in watch collecting and my favorite types being the Hamilton 992's and the 992b's.
Just wanted to get my feet wet with this introduction and will be asking some questions later. Thanks, Donnie

Posts: 84 | Location: West Virginia in the USA | Registered: January 30, 2012
IHC Member 1291
Picture of Buster Beck
posted
Let me say hello to a brother of the rails Smile

We have a handful of brother "rails" on this site. I spent 42 years in service running the rails in Texas for UPRR. Thank the Lord I am retired and no longer am subject to call at those terrible hours !! Let me say this, retire at your earliest opportunity, there is life afterwards Big Grin

regards,
bb

Posts: 6376 | Location: Texas in the USA | Registered: July 27, 2009

posted
Welcome - Donnie...

Sorry don't have any "dancing" Welcome banners...

V/r

Jon

Posts: 7178 | Location: Illinois in the USA | Registered: November 11, 2011
IHC Member 1508
posted
I don't either Donnie, but welcome! Regards, Brad

Posts: 956 | Location: Wenatchee, Washington in the USA | Registered: December 14, 2010
Picture of Bill Carlson
posted
Welcome Donnie from a retired BNSF signal maintainer. I agree with Buster 100%. 41 years was enough of day and night calls.
This is a great site. You will enjoy it.

Bill Carlson

Posts: 431 | Location: Billings, Montana USA | Registered: February 05, 2007
IHC Vice President
Pitfalls Moderator
IHC Life Member
Picture of Edward L. Parsons, Jr.
posted
Hi Donnie,

Welcome aboard! I also collect Hamilton railroad watches.

Best Regards,

Ed

Posts: 6696 | Location: Southwestern Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: April 19, 2004
posted
Welcome Donnie! I joined 185 in November of last year and I can tell you this is a great group of people. Always willing to answer questions and provide assistance in anyway possible.

Regards,

Eddie

Posts: 36 | Location: Tennessee in the USA | Registered: November 04, 2011
posted
Welcome, yes, good group of folks here. I like the Hamiltons as well. Attractive, well made and not too expensive, plus you can find parts!

Smile

DS

Posts: 51 | Location: New York City in the USA | Registered: October 07, 2011
Railway Historian
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator
Picture of Larry Buchan
posted
Hello Donnie:

Welcome from another railwayman, I worked for the Canadian Pacific Railway in Alberta, Canada for 35 years, until I retired on a medical disability pension. Now I have lots of time to enjoy collecting railway watches, and discussing watch and clock related subjects on this great website.

Larry a.k.a.Buchaneer

Posts: 3370 | Location: Okotoks Alberta Canada | Registered: November 22, 2002
IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted

Welcome Aboard Donnie!

I too love to collect Railroad Watches and Clocks.

We are all pleased to have you with us.

Lindell

Wink

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
IHC Member 1668
Picture of Donnie Tackett
posted
Thanks for the warm welcome from everyone. I am very much looking forward to reading all the posts on these great pieces of history.
I recently bought my first two watches, a 992E and a 992B that I'll have some questions about.I have already found some very interesting info on these watches on some of the past posts I've been reading
Thanks again,
Donnie T. Smile

Posts: 84 | Location: West Virginia in the USA | Registered: January 30, 2012
Picture of Edward Kitner
posted
Welcome Donnie,
Lots of knowledgeable people here, so ask away!
I lived up in Elkins, Randolph County for a few years. West Virginia is a beautiful state!

Posts: 1488 | Location: New York State in the USA | Registered: March 04, 2008
IHC Member 1357
posted
Welcome aboard Donnie.A great bunch of folks here.This will be the biggest"bang for your buck"you will ever experience. Regards roger

Posts: 4094 | Location: Carbon, Texas in the USA | Registered: January 24, 2010
IHC Life Member
Picture of Larry Lamphier
posted
Welcome AGAIN Donnie!!

I have your Elinvar all ready to go back home!!

So glad you decided to join a great Club, and meet a GREAT group of watch collectors, always willing to help and answer questions.

Have fun!!

Regards,
Larry

Posts: 2733 | Location: Northeastern United States | Registered: February 28, 2010
IHC Member 1511
posted
Donnie: Welcome from Greenbrier County
Gary

Posts: 159 | Location: Rainelle, West Virginia in the USA | Registered: December 15, 2010
Picture of Dan Carter
posted
Donnie,
Welcome to the site! It is a great place to get questions answered and to answer some questions! Plus this is just a great group of people that enjoy sharing history and getting in on a good converstation.
Dan

Posts: 407 | Location: Northern Virginia in the USA | Registered: October 08, 2011
Picture of Brian C.
posted
Welcome to 185 Donnie.

Posts: 1857 | Location: Epsom, New Hampshire USA | Registered: December 14, 2002
Picture of Bob Kapinos
posted
Donnie,

Welcome from Ona, WV.

Bob

Posts: 183 | Location: Ona, West Virginia USA | Registered: May 01, 2005
posted
Donnie,
A big welcome from sunny (we don' need no groundhog to tell us the weather) Big Grin California

Posts: 1499 | Location: Rancho Cucamonga, California USA | Registered: December 20, 2006
IHC Member 1610
Picture of Harry J. Hyaduck Sr.
posted
Welcome Donnie.

Posts: 3858 | Location: Georgia in the USA | Registered: September 22, 2011
IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted
Donnie: "You're As Welcome As the Flowers in May in Dear Old Donegal" LOL Wink and that's pretty darned welcome for sure Big Grin and I'm not even Irish LOL

P.S "" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...dGw0&feature=related"" is the title of a famous old Irish song !! Wink

Posts: 1746 | Location: Aylmer, Ontario in Canada | Registered: December 15, 2009
IHC Life Member
Picture of Richard M. Jones
posted
Welcome Donnie and West Virginia is Heaven!

Deacon

Posts: 1004 | Location: Omaha, Nebraska in the USA | Registered: February 14, 2009