• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

waltham PS Bartlett KW 18 size "Click" to Login or Register 
posted

Here is a Waltham PS Bartlett 18 size,KW,11 jewel,in a waltham silver hunter case,serial no 231172 made in 1866

Posts: 523 | Location: Northern California in the USA | Registered: November 23, 2008
posted
Or perhaps 1865? Nice watch. I carry one like it for everyday use,although mine is from 1873.

Posts: 475 | Location: Gainesville, Florida in the USA | Registered: January 22, 2009
posted
I got the date from the serial number look up web site.They might be wrong?The price guide has 1865 I wonder what one is true?

Posts: 523 | Location: Northern California in the USA | Registered: November 23, 2008
IHC Life Member
Wristwatch Host
Picture of Tony Dukes
posted
Mike,
Chris Abell just recently serviced a Model 1857 that I won at the J&H auction. My Waltham P. S. Bartlett is serial number 637949 and the movement -thanks to Chris- looks like it came from the factory yesterday.
Tony

Posts: 1953 | Location: Atlanta, Georgia in the U.S.A. | Registered: August 01, 2003
Picture of Edward Kitner
posted
I will second Tony's choice if you would like to see your old 1857 transformed.
Look what Chris did to this old 1857.

Posts: 1488 | Location: New York State in the USA | Registered: March 04, 2008
Picture of Edward Kitner
posted
It is the same watch!
It is running like a Indy Car.

Picture of Sheila Gilbert
posted
Mike,

Fantastic! I love these. Nice and "hefty" and you can't beat those great old Silver cases, Gorgeous!

AND......

Can you believe the job Chris did on that watch!!!

Unbelieveable! and Gorgeous!

Sheila

Posts: 3094 | Location: La Plata, Maryland U.S.A. | Registered: May 22, 2004
Picture of Mary Ann Scott
posted
That is some transformation! Chris does incredible work! Big Grin I love those big, fat coin cases with thick, beveled crystals. Waltham 1857's are among my favorites. I know you are all pleased with your purchases.

Posts: 1047 | Location: The Colony, Texas in the USA | Registered: December 20, 2008
posted
Mary Ann,
You said it just right! Big, Fat coin, or sterling Cases, but especially those HUNKY beveled crystals!!! WOW!

I only have a couple, but I sure like the look, and feel of them.

Sheila

IHC Life Member
Wristwatch Host
Picture of Tony Dukes
posted
My new model 1857

Posts: 1953 | Location: Atlanta, Georgia in the U.S.A. | Registered: August 01, 2003
posted
Tony,
Boy does that baby sparkle!
Very Nice.

Sheila

Picture of Edward Kitner
posted
Tony,
The gilt looks like it was just applied yesterday.
A very nice acquisition!

Picture of Mary Ann Scott
posted
Tony.. that is one beautiful watch! Big Grin If I could afford it, I would send a bunch of my watches to Chris. I know you are very pleased with this one!

Posts: 1047 | Location: The Colony, Texas in the USA | Registered: December 20, 2008