Tools
Reply to Post

Waltham Crystal Plate "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
Watchmaker
Picture of Scott Cerullo
posted
Up for sale...

Surfing the web, I found this awesome Waltham crystal plate watch. Check out the price tag.
http://www.oldwatch.com/spcl.html

Posts: 1033 | Location: Northeast Pennsylvania in the USA | Registered: June 02, 2003
IHC Vice President
Pitfalls Moderator
IHC Life Member
Picture of Edward L. Parsons, Jr.
posted
With all due respect, it seems rather petty to be tacking on S&H charges to a $500,000 watch. Most likely the buyer will fly in and pick it up personally anyway! Roll Eyes

Best Regards,

Ed

Posts: 6696 | Location: Southwestern Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: April 19, 2004
Picture of Tom McIntyre
posted
I have had a chance to examine the watch disassembled and the owner is a good friend of mine. It is only "sort of" for sale. However, a very similar one was sold at Jones & Horan recently and after cleaning and restoration was resold for a substantial amount at the National in OKC. I think there was a note about the sale in the Mart.

Posts: 633 | Location: Boston, Massachusetts USA | Registered: November 25, 2002
posted
A crystal plate was sold at Sotheby's last fall, along with the smaller size as well.

These can be found on Sotheby's website as lots 1018 and 1019 from the Oct. 13-15, 2004 sale.

Fred