• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

E. Howard Experimental Series Howard #3208 "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I am new to this forum so please apologize if this is not the kind of information that is welcome here or if it has been covered elsewhere. I like Howard watches and my first foray into this forum was to look for information about Howards. I wandered upon this now closed discussion about a Howard experimental series watch #3208 which was once owned by a gentleman named Hobart Williams according to the inscription. I am a curious sort so I investigated this unusual name - Hobart Williams. I found reference to only three people by that name. One was in the Army and was killed on active duty in 1993, one was the recipient of a Silver Star in the Korean War, ant the last was Captain Hobart Williams of the 151st New York Infantry who was wounded in the Battle of Winchester Tennessee on September 19, 1864. I later found reference to a Hobart E. Williams of the 151st New York infantry as a member of the Grand Army of The Republic Post 110 in Omaha, Nebraska. Being such an unusual name this Union Officer of the Civil War could very well have been the owner of this watch.

Posts: 1 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas in the USA | Registered: September 20, 2011
IHC Life Member

Picture of Jerry King
posted
John, Welcome to IHC185, the Friendliest Horology Club on the World Wide Web....

You will find that our membership is the most informed in the industry. We also pride ourselves on being the most informative club and there are never any "dumb" questions and we don't treat anyone as such....

There is always a 'but' though it may seem and ours is we like pictures, bunches and bunches of them, there can never be too many, and then you will find that everyone seems to awaken and the information really begins to flow....so if you can provide some photos, it will help....

Relating to the Howard expermental series watch that our Chris Abel described so completely, I'm not really sure what information was gathered on Mr.Hobart Williams and the info you spoke of could very well be him, one and the same....

Again, Welcome to our group and we hope to be of some service to you and trust you will come back to visit us again, soon....

Regards,

Jerry

Posts: 2828 | Location: California in the USA | Registered: June 23, 2008