• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Rockford 18 Hunting or not? "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Can you please take a look at this Rockford and help confirm if its a Hunting or Open face PW. The 08 book (pg. 355) lists it as an 18, Htg, F.Pl. Key wind, Key set, Model 1. I ask because the open face case looks to be original and the key hole matches correctly. Thank you.

Private label movement marked:
No. 5863
GEO. W. LEUCE
XENIA. O.

Dial marked:
Rockford Watch Co.
Illinois

BONUS: anyone know who GEO. W. LEUCE was??

Posts: 357 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: April 05, 2008
posted
Movement

Posts: 357 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: April 05, 2008
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
Carlos, Thats a rare beauty! The question has bothered me too for some time. I grabbed a couple KW's that show what I understand to be the difference. Relative to the Bow Pendant mount, you just rotate the movements 90 degrees . . .

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
and VIOLA! You have a Hunter or an Open Faced mounting! So one would think that the distinction is in the mounting of the movement to fit the purpose of the case. i.e., these were true "convertible" movements! . . .

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007