Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Very Special cased Elgin "almost" STOLEN "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
This was a false alarm after all the fuss and bother the P.O. delivered it today to Mary Ann

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
movement

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
Dial side

IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
With Dial Bezel

Picture of James H. Miller
posted
is it me our do you seem to have more then your share of bad luck with the mail? i will keep a eye on ebay.
james

Posts: 279 | Location: Wheatridge, Colorado in the USA | Registered: January 20, 2008
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
Thanks for the thought James, Mary Ann just e-mailed me that the P.O. delivered it. Roll Eyes

Picture of Mary Ann Scott
posted
The package did arrive today - three days after it showed as delivered per the USPS web site. It was left by the front door along with 2 other boxes, right in plain view of anyone who drove or walked by. I had filed a stolen package report with the postal inspection service. They cannot guarantee that packages will be found; they use the reports to determine if there is increased activity in a certain area that warrants further attention.

I strongly feel it was left at the wrong house. That person returned it to the post office who then eventually delivered it to me today.

Thank you, David and Danielle for your help sending documents and pictures that I could use to help with my case (pun intended! Wink) and watch.

It is a real beauty and, after a bit of pondering, I figured out how to open it. I am just so relieved that it finally arrived!

Posts: 1047 | Location: The Colony, Texas in the USA | Registered: December 20, 2008
Picture of Ernie Loga
posted
That is indeed good news. I am wondering if we should send watches from now on with a signature required at delivery? It costs a little more but it might be worth it.

Posts: 900 | Location: Wisconsin in the U.S.A. | Registered: April 28, 2008
IHC Life Member

Picture of Jerry King
posted
Mary Ann, that has happened to me before, things left at my place that belong to a family a block away, same number as me but the next street over....

I just carry it over and hand it to them....It's generally the substitute postman that does that....

Glad that you received the watch okay though and that Dave was able to get the watch to you as he normally does....

Jerry

Posts: 2828 | Location: California in the USA | Registered: June 23, 2008
Picture of James H. Miller
posted
some good luck for someone for a change im glade to hear it
james

Posts: 279 | Location: Wheatridge, Colorado in the USA | Registered: January 20, 2008
posted
This reminds me Dave to thank you again for the nice Illinois 15 jewel "Getty" which I bought from you via ebay about a week ago. Beautiful little watch which is running very well and keeping excellent time. Thanks! Charlie

chas

Posts: 63 | Location: Northern Ohio in the USA | Registered: June 20, 2006
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
Charlie, I hm very pleased that "one of us" has that watch. Your Getty is a remarkably well serviced "pre-owned" near perfect movement that will serve you well as a good example of the Genius of Mr. Getty's Design that was enjoyed early in the Illinois watch-making years.

I enjoy cleaning and restoring early North American used Pocket watches. I usually run them for a few weeks after I am finished just to make sure they have are no issues (except age).