Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

New England Padishah duplex "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Dave Turner
posted
New England Padishah duplex

How do I let down the mainspring on this watch?
I see the slide lever toward the stem, but don't know what it's for or if it has anything to do with letting the spring down.

Dave Turner

Posts: 1979 | Location: Wilson, North Carolina in the USA | Registered: November 15, 2011
posted
Dave

The slide should be conected with the click or is part of the click. If you wind the watch the slide rocks a bit( or it moves a bit when the watch is wound tight and you put on winding power with the crown). Take a pin or a toothpick, turn the crown as if you would wind the watch and push or keep the slide in the 'down' position (regarding your picture) while holding the crown. Then let the crown gently slide through your fingers.

Regards
Gerald

Posts: 742 | Location: Wertheim in Germany | Registered: February 21, 2009
Picture of Dave Turner
posted
Thanks Gerald,
That's the way it looked to me like it should work. So, I proceeded but it still would not release. I then removed the plate screws and tried to hold the barrel but that didn't work!
Anyway, It's apart now with no apparent damage.
Wish me luck.

Dave Turner

Posts: 1979 | Location: Wilson, North Carolina in the USA | Registered: November 15, 2011