Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Waltham Deck "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
Certified Watchmaker
Picture of Chris Abell
posted
I just picked this up and cant find anything in Shugart about it, is it classified as a clock or pocket watch? ser No dates it about 1921, 15J, missing it box of course etc, it is stamped Waltham Watch Co 8 Days that is all I know, any idea of value also?, is it in Shugart?.

Posts: 2625 | Location: Northeast Texas in the USA | Registered: November 20, 2003
IHC Life Member
Certified Watchmaker
Picture of Chris Abell
posted

Posts: 2625 | Location: Northeast Texas in the USA | Registered: November 20, 2003
IHC Life Member
Certified Watchmaker
Picture of Chris Abell
posted
about 2 3/8" dial dia

Picture of Jerry Treiman
posted
I believe your example probably did start out as a typical car clock or travel clock. During the war there got to be shortage of deck watches and chronometers and many of the more common movements were taken in and upgraded for maritime use.

Note that on your example the micrometer regulator is from a Hamilton, a further indication that it was probably one of these wartime conversions.

Posts: 1455 | Location: Los Angeles, California USA | Registered: January 14, 2003