Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Can a Dueber case work with an Illinois Movement? "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Roland Glenn
posted
Well since I can't use this Duber case on the 1886 Hampden, I've taken an 1886 Illinois Model 2 Grade 65 movement and it fits very nicley. But and there's always a but. Is this a likely match back then? Dueber from the east and Illinois from the central US? Or was it more lokely that a Elgin Case or illinois case would of originally been fitted to this movement. I do have later 1900's Illinois both 18s and 16s that come in Illinois cases.

Thank you, Roland.

R. Glenn

Posts: 437 | Location: Ryde, Isle of Wight, United Kingdom | Registered: January 18, 2010
Picture of Roland Glenn
posted
Also is this actually a grade 65 movement with 15J or a grade 60-S as I had thought it was originally?

R. Glenn

Posts: 437 | Location: Ryde, Isle of Wight, United Kingdom | Registered: January 18, 2010
Picture of Roland Glenn
posted
Opps, guess I should post the serial number. Getting older it seems.
# 337350 and I've always liked the Chalmers regulators compaired to what Hampden utilized back then.

R. Glenn

posted
Roland my impression is that Deuber would sell cases to anyone and any company willing to purchase them. I think it was later that there were monopoly cases and all sorts of accusations of dumping and such that case companies became aligned with watch companies

Posts: 1797 | Location: Michigan in the USA | Registered: September 19, 2009
Picture of Roland Glenn
posted
Thank you Claude. Just wasn't sure if Dueber sold that far west back then. This case originally came on a Trenton. After Hampden moved to Canton in 88 then I could see them selling more to the midwest area. Just wasn't sure if in 86 it could be a match.

Thx, Roland.

R. Glenn