• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Waltham 19j Riverside "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Can anyone tell me if this was ever RR approved, I can not say I have seen the Riversides on any list. 16S OF L/S 19j adj 5 pos. seems to fit the requirements ?
Also was there many of the 19j Riversides made or would they be like the 19j 645's in the numbers? If I am reading the info right it appears that there was only 3 runs of 500 each for the 16s, but I could be reading the info wrong ?
Thanks,
Bill

Posts: 1278 | Location: British Columbia in Canada | Registered: May 19, 2008
IHC Member 1110
posted
Hi Bill, The lever-set 19J Riverside was approved by most railroads.It was supposed to be one of Waltham's best selling RR watches.Roy Ehrhardt listed the production as 9500 for the OF LS '08 model.I can remember seeing it on at least 2 Railroad Co. approved lists, the Santa Fe and the Canadian Pacific.There has to be more than just these two, though.I've seen them advertized in ad reprints as "guaranteed to pass RR inspection".Hope this helps!....Ted.

Posts: 1323 | Location: Lebanon, Connecticut USA | Registered: March 28, 2008
IHC Member 1110
posted
Bill, something I forgot to mention.The 08 model 19J Riverside also has the best 19J setup, the 2 extra jewels are in the motor barrel, instead of 2 useless cap jewels in the escapement.I have one, and I have to say, it is the most accurate watch I've ever had.I don't think there were that many 19J 645's or Crescent Streets made. Ted.

Posts: 1323 | Location: Lebanon, Connecticut USA | Registered: March 28, 2008