Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

1 Star Rockford Model 5 18s 3/4 Plate "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
The Price Guide says; "Pricing in this guide are fair market price for complete watches which are reflected from the National and Regional Shows". So this "$75.00" 18 size near perfect dialed Rockford that is one of less than 2,000 of this type made . . . .

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
In a "shiny" worn but very robust hunter case . . .

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
made from ONLY 3 OUNCES OF COIN SILVER . . .

IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
With "only a 9 Jewel movement" . . . that is trying to run railroads since I restored it. . . is staying in my personal collection . . . not because even the top cover of the motor barrel is damaskeened, or the fact that it is the extremely rare DUAL, Key Wind, Key Set, Stem Wind Lever set model, but . . . because it is PRICELESS!!!

Picture of Peter Kaszubski
posted
Davia how about $150.00 (just kiding)

Posts: 4395 | Location: Arizona in the USA | Registered: July 23, 2011
IHC Member 1555
posted
Very nice watch David, the pricing guide sometimes amazes me with low prices on some very low production watches, yet high prices on varieties of watches that were made in their 10's of thousands. I suppose the guide price is only driven by the demand of the collector/consumer.

All the Best,
Bila

Posts: 2265 | Location: Gladstone in Australia | Registered: January 14, 2011
IHC Member 1614
posted
Boy some of those Rockfords are just BEAUTIFUL!

Bill

Posts: 160 | Location: Northeast Ohio in the USA | Registered: September 27, 2011
posted
David-

You and my father much have a lot of the same tastes in watches. He buys the Model 5 Rockfords anytime he can pick one up for a good price. He doesn't say as much about how many were made, he usually just likes to say "You hardly ever see them!". Nice watch David, especially witha nice coin case to boot! Sometime I'll have to go to my father's and post picks of some of his collection wonders.

Jared

Posts: 1626 | Location: North Dakota in the USA | Registered: December 09, 2009
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
Jared, I certainly respect anybody who has a larger appreciative spectrum of American Watch design. All of these were steps to or the final culmination of a desigenrs hopes and dreams of making a high production and very successful instrument of time. Were we to still share that burning desire to be creative and improve our lot the way they did we would be taking camping trips to Mars and running our world on Thermonuclear Fusion power rather than arguing about when to stop another war.