• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

T.EATON CO WATCH MADE BY GALLET WATCH CO. "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
FrownHi i have a GALLET 21J 5 POS 24 HOUR CANADIAN DIAL SIZE18 SOLD BY T.EATON CO.The watch only has T.EATON MARKINGS but the watch was made by GALLET WATCH CO.IT IS SWISS.GALLET ADVERTISED THAT THE WATCH WAS CANADIAN RAILROAD APPROVED IN 1894.QUESTION?WAS THE WATCH CANADIAN RAILROAD APPROVED AND WAS IT USED BY CANADIAN RAILROAD PEOPLE.NO ONE CAN ANSWERE THAT QUESTION.JOHNNY

Posts: 50 | Location: Massachusetts in the USA | Registered: April 28, 2009
IHC Life Member
Picture of Donald Trumble
posted
Hello Johnny and welcome aboard!

I'm sure we'd all like to see a picture of your watch.

Don

Posts: 504 | Location: Pennsylvania in the USA | Registered: April 02, 2005
Railway Historian
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator
Picture of Larry Buchan
posted
Hello Johnny:

There are two examples of Eaton's 16 size Gallet Brothers 21 jewel railway watches posted on my Canadian private label thread. Would love to see a photo of your 18 size, over there.

Larry

Posts: 3370 | Location: Okotoks Alberta Canada | Registered: November 22, 2002
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
Hi Johnny, Welcome to our "bunch"!

Just about the ONLY reason you watch would not qualify for Canadian RR use would be if it is Hunter-Cased and had to face a stubborn RR watch inspector.

Please show us some pictures, especially of the movement.

Just as an example, I have a RR grade 17 Jewel Eaton. It has yet to be cleaned and identified as to Mfr.

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
posted
SmileThank you for your picture will try to put my 21j open face 5 pos gallet watch on.Yes i beleive the watch was accepted by canadian rr to use by its members.Like i said it has a canadian 24 hr dial.johnny

Posts: 50 | Location: Massachusetts in the USA | Registered: April 28, 2009