• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

My Hamilton 975 "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
This is only my second Hamilton, have a 974 movement that will someday become a P.W.
Bought it sometime ago. As one case see it is in a hunter case that is missing the front cover. Also missing is a crystal. Still I love this watch. It has a serial number:1278777, which makes dates it to 1918.
If any one knows where I might get a case for this one, please let me know. as for the crystal, I'll be contacting William White, he seems to havve a good reputation here and that is good enough for me.

IHC Member 1193

Posts: 216 | Location: Key Biscayne, Florida in the USA | Registered: October 21, 2008
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
Very nice condition except the case. A replacement case would do the job. I suggest you send it to Leon Harris first and maybe he can find a cover and fix it. As William White only makes new thick Open face crystals now, you will need Leon's help with the thin HC crystal too.

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
posted
Thank you David. Sending it first for service, then I will look into Leo for a fix. Would you happen to know a way to contact him? As for the crystal, I know the Will can do the job. Just saw your post on those custum crystal he made for you, beautiful.

IHC Member 1193

Posts: 216 | Location: Key Biscayne, Florida in the USA | Registered: October 21, 2008
posted
Just got it back from service. I think Roger Nolfe did a great job. Also got a case from him which make my watch now into a sidewinder.
Have one question for the experts. Do you think the the crown is the righjt ne for the case?
I am not complaining in any way, just want to know.
Thanks in advance.

IHC Member 1193