• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

I never noticed fancy dials before ... "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
... until another local swap meet netted me this gorgeous (and nearly flawless) Waltham dial.

Posts: 2962 | Location: Western New York in the USA | Registered: March 24, 2008
posted
Boy Howdy!

Oddly, the 2nd second hashmark was never painted on - but no hairlines!

Posts: 2962 | Location: Western New York in the USA | Registered: March 24, 2008
posted
For a mere $88 and the promise of a date with my sister Big Grin this Model '79 came home.

My stupendous Amish watchmaker turned what had been a dented caseback into a work of art by renewing it as a display case.

posted
Very nice watch Eric, Does your Amish watchmaker accept other cases to convert to glassbacks?
Ray

Posts: 1499 | Location: Rancho Cucamonga, California USA | Registered: December 20, 2006
IHC Life Member
Picture of William D. White
posted
Eric,

Lookin' good! I think the conversion from a damaged case back to a bezel that will hold a crystal is a perfect solution and yours appears to be very nicely done...that's the Amish way! Great looking full plate 18 size movements are not displayed enough in my opinion. The dial is also very nice making this a really fun watch, front and back.

William

Posts: 1568 | Location: San Francisco, California USA | Registered: September 01, 2008
Administrative Assistant
Picture of Dr. Debbie Irvine
posted

Gorgeous watch Eric!

Smile

Posts: 5247 | Location: Northern Ohio in the U.S.A. | Registered: December 04, 2002
Picture of Brian C.
posted
Very nice Eric, and Waltham quality as well.

Posts: 1857 | Location: Epsom, New Hampshire USA | Registered: December 14, 2002
Picture of Chris Hughes
posted
Very cool. The half moons in the second ring are particularly interesting. I like how they play off the pattern around the signature.

Posts: 310 | Location: Portland, Oregon in the USA | Registered: February 07, 2010