Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

what am i doing wrong multicolr "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 376
Watchmaker
Picture of Samie L. Smith
posted
I just bought myself a new toy a 16 size box hinge multicolor watch and a new 19 inche flat panel monitor ,,for some reason i can not get the detail and color to come out right with the new monitor can anyone tell me what i am doing wrong, is there some adjustmets i can make to improve the color etc..

This decorations on this case are sharp like the day it was made,,it looks as if there is only 3 colors but it is 4 colors on one side and five on the other.

Posts: 3208 | Location: Monticello, Kentucky U.S.A. | Registered: June 24, 2004
IHC Member 376
Watchmaker
posted
back

IHC Member 376
Watchmaker
posted

posted
Samie,
what a fantastic watch. Did you win the lottery ? Wink The colors on my screen look excellent.

On your monitor, if you go to my computer\display\ settings and check the color range settings. Pick the highest setting you see. On my flat panel monitor ( a five year old Dell) the highest color setting is 32Bit. Hope this helps.

Regards

Dave Freeman
IHC Member 321

Posts: 976 | Location: Texas in the U.S.A. | Registered: January 27, 2004
IHC Member 376
Watchmaker
posted
Dave no lottery but the wife may shoot me

another picture but i still can,t show the real beauty of this watch.all the decoration the stag ,flowers etc. are raised decorations.

has a grade 625 17 jewel waltham movement thinking about putting a 23 jewel vanguard movement in the case..

posted
I have a lot of trouble photographing my own multi-color, Sammy. I think the reflective surfaces play havoc with the auto-focus and white-balance.

Did you get that one on eBay from Mal Varner?

Posts: 986 | Location: Flagstaff, Arizona USA | Registered: June 19, 2005
posted
I feel like the look on the face of the buck on your case-caught in the headlights! Dazzling find Samie! Congrats!
-Cort
p.s.-I suspect these are rarer in 16S. I doubt it ever would have had a 23J Vanguard in it.

Posts: 536 | Location: El Cerrito, California U.S.A. | Registered: October 04, 2004
Site Administrator
IHC Life Member
Picture of Phillip Sanchez
posted
Samie, that is plum beautiful. How about bringing it with you to Chattanooga, so we may all see it? Big Grin

Posts: 4975 | Location: North Georgia Mountains in the U.S.A. | Registered: March 31, 2006
IHC Life Member
Picture of Robert V. Jones
posted
Samie send it down to me since you can't seem to get the pictures right. Razz I couldn't do any better I would just like to have the watch Big Grin

Posts: 3468 | Location: Cleveland, Georgia in the U.S.A. | Registered: February 03, 2006
IHC Member 376
Watchmaker
posted
peter
No this did not come from Mr. varner although i have got a few nice ones from enchantables.The previous owner told me he had owned this for 30 years or more.

Robert i lost your address where is you live is it New York . Wink

Phil i Guess This will be the one i will carry to the National.

Picture of Clyde Roper
posted
It's beautiful, wish I cold help with the photo advice but that's over my head. Smile

Thanks for sharing it with us.

Posts: 203 | Location: North Carolina in the USA | Registered: December 05, 2006
posted
Samie,
I took the liberty of slightly enhancing one of your images to see if looks any different, I hope you don't mind Smile . You can be the judge.

Dave Freeman
IHC Member 321

posted
Samie,
here's another one I've enhanced for you.

Note: We're going on vacation tonight for ten days. If you think what I've done
has helped your pictures I'll let you know what to do when I get back home Big Grin

Dave Freeman
IHC Member 321

IHC Member 376
Watchmaker
posted
Dave don,t mind at all the pictures do look better,,i have been palying around with the color adjustment and i think i am getting closer to what i need.. Smile

IHC Life Member
Wristwatch Host
Picture of Tony Dukes
posted
Samie,
I hope that I can see the watch at Nooga.
Tony

Posts: 1953 | Location: Atlanta, Georgia in the U.S.A. | Registered: August 01, 2003
IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted

Excellent advice!

By the way Samie's case looks magnificent on my screen Cool but it would look even better in my collection! Eek

Wink

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
Picture of Stephanie O'Neil
posted
Hi Samie,
Wow! What an awesome watch whichever way you look at it! Would love to have that one, for sure! Hope you get your monitor to your liking.

Stephanie O'Neil

Posts: 1419 | Location: New Orleans, Louisiana USA | Registered: April 01, 2003