Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Waltham key and dial question "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Fabrizio Di Claudio
posted
Hi, i buyed this Waltham 18s keywind wih serial number 1406414. The dial is not marked Waltham why? This key is original key of Waltham or normaly key of other p.watch? Thank you!
Fabry

Posts: 77 | Location: Torino in Italy | Registered: January 23, 2008
Picture of Desmond Lundy
posted
The pendant markings and hands cause me to suspect that this was an export watch for the English market. You might verify whether the the case has the makers mark "AB". It was not at uncommon for unsigned dials exported to UK be unsigned.

Posts: 785 | Location: Ontario in Canada | Registered: February 25, 2003
posted
Yes, you are correct is marked AB.
Thank you.

Picture of Brian C.
posted
Fabry,
Your watch is a 14s Waltham model 1876, grade Home, 7 jewels, English export, circa 1879.
Brian C.

Posts: 1857 | Location: Epsom, New Hampshire USA | Registered: December 14, 2002
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
Fabrizio, Excellent find!

I think the U.S. watch companies included less expensive "companion keys" for KW/KS watches with a flat head to help "pop" the case open.

The Key you have is nicer and as the watch was sold in Britain, it could be the "original" companion key sold with that watch.

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
posted
Thank you for informations Brian C. and David Abbe and ALL! Smile
At moment the p.watch is dead, i hope i can repair it.