• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Confused "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I got this in a lot of Illinois. It is marked Wm Everton Earlville Iowa. All serials match up. 845631.it had a Single sunk Illinois Dail on it. I looked thru the guide and found nothing at all. is it waltham or illinois? is it the gilt movement on the left in the photo....It is KW/LS

Posts: 375 | Location: Brisbane in Australia | Registered: January 24, 2010
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
It is a Model 2, 7 Jewel, "I,W.Co." Grade Illinois Hunter grade transitional Pendant Wind, Lever Set movement made in 1888. This should have a Flat Enamel finished Roman Numeral dial of the most basic kind. In 79 production runs from 1885 to 1895 there were 73,330 serial numbers issued to this Grade. Oddly, few later Illinois were produced with anything less than 11 Jewels making complete working examples of this fairly rare.

It was NOT a Lakeshore and sadly yours looks to have been stripped of many parts already.

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
posted
Francis-

I would still be interested in the Iowa PL watch if you're wanting to sell it. It'll take a while to find part to bring it back to life, but being from Iowa, There's always a place for PL's from here!

Jared

Posts: 1626 | Location: North Dakota in the USA | Registered: December 09, 2009
posted
Francis, the box on the right with the Lakeshore dial looks like Seth Thomas pieces and parts underneath. If you're interested in selling them please contact me at eju67@frontiernet.net

Posts: 2962 | Location: Western New York in the USA | Registered: March 24, 2008
posted
Eric if they were Seths they be yours, but there for the Illinois Lakeshore 17j,there is another plate but it is Illinois.....Jared thanks for the offer. i will keep you two in mind next time. but all these are Illinois...
David thank you for the information, very much appericated.

Posts: 375 | Location: Brisbane in Australia | Registered: January 24, 2010