Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Westclox - a little fancier than usual "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Dave Turner
posted
Had this one on my watch list, but forgot to bid before ending. Very well worn train case.
Didn't know they made these this fancy.
Westclox Pocket Watch

Dave Turner

Posts: 1979 | Location: Wilson, North Carolina in the USA | Registered: November 15, 2011
IHC Member 163
Picture of Mark Cross
posted
Yep, they called them the 'Conductor' and were a numbered/boxed series in the 1970's, complete with chain.

I have one new in the box my Dad gave me for Christmas back in 1972.

Regard! Mark

Posts: 3831 | Location: Estill Springs, Tennessee, USA | Registered: December 02, 2002
Picture of Dave Turner
posted
Interesting, must have been low production.
Someone obviously used this one for their 'daily driver'.
Sold for $8. I should have bought it.

Dave Turner

Posts: 1979 | Location: Wilson, North Carolina in the USA | Registered: November 15, 2011
IHC Member 2030
posted
So this is where the pw attraction comes from. I see now the dollar watch we wanted 50 years ago has developed into a real appreciation of quality time keepers.

Posts: 1114 | Location: Virginia Beach, Virginia in the USA | Registered: February 08, 2015
IHC Member 163
Picture of Mark Cross
posted
Yeah, I surfed around the net and found nice examples with their chain in the $180 range, so the prices are all over the place.

Regards! Mark

Posts: 3831 | Location: Estill Springs, Tennessee, USA | Registered: December 02, 2002
Picture of Dave Turner
posted
Yea, I took a look too, and for the shape that this one was in, it was no big bargain.

Dave Turner

IHC Member 163
Picture of Mark Cross
posted
They did good getting 8 dollars. Wink

Regard! Mark

Picture of Dave Turner
posted
Yep! And shipping was another 8 or 10 dollars! Glad I missed it. Would just be one more old watch laying in the drawer collecting dust.
And when I'm gone, somebody will throw it in a box for the Good will or scrap.

Dave Turner