WWT Shows CLICK TO: Join and Support Internet Horology Club 185™ IHC185™ Forums

• Check Out Our... •
• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Look at what I got to day at the Alameda antique fair "Click" to Login or Register 
posted

I went to the old Alameda naval air station today they have a anitique fair there first sunday of the month it is sad to see it closed down I remember pulling in there by ship when in the Navy.Well they have this fair on the old tarmac or run way were the aircraft use to land and some time's I get lucky well this seller had this E.Howard series IV keywind I have been looking at he had tha last few fair's I got him to take a $100.00 of it and I bought it it has been recased but the hole's are in the right spot I got 2 recased series III with out the back cover's but I don't care when they are 4 number serial number's and I got a few watch fobs one is political from Buffalo New York the other is a enamel one that open's up so you can put your name and address in it so if you loose your watch some would return it like they would today time's are differnt.Does any one have some E.Howard unbrella 18 size hands they can sell me?Those hands on my Howard have got to go.

Posts: 523 | Location: Northern California in the USA | Registered: November 23, 2008
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator

Picture of Tom Brown
posted
Mike
Nice watch & fobs. Are you a dues paying member of IHC185? If so or if you join for $12.00 I will send you this set of hands for free, I believe they are for a 18s Howard.

Tom

hands01

Posts: 5107 | Location: New Mexico in the USA | Registered: January 27, 2007
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator

Picture of Tom Brown
posted
Another view with scale.

hands02

posted
Hi Tom
I just sent the 12.00 for membership is that offer for the hands still good? If not that's O.K.

Posts: 523 | Location: Northern California in the USA | Registered: November 23, 2008
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator

Picture of Tom Brown
posted
Hi Mike
Sure is, I will email you to get your mailing address.

Tom

posted

Here is the out come of the hands had to be fitted to work then I put these side by side the new hands were for a L size (16) but they are better than the one's that were on there what does the forum think does it look better than before.

Picture of Mary Ann Scott
posted
Mike, IMHO - much better, even if a bit short. Being partial to E. Howard's, I always like to see nice examples. Mary Ann

Posts: 1047 | Location: The Colony, Texas in the USA | Registered: December 20, 2008
posted
Thank's Mary I just found a Howard that is good for parts I forgot I had it does have some good hands I might use those I will have to think about it.