• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

I just picked up a rockford 537 "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I'm on vacation with no book! I did some online research and it says that they only made a 100 of them, but didn't know what they were bringing or what the value is. Hopefully I made a good purchase, but it was not the cheapest watch I have bought lately!

Thanks,

Jared

Posts: 1626 | Location: North Dakota in the USA | Registered: December 09, 2009
IHC Vice President
Pitfalls Moderator
IHC Life Member
Picture of Edward L. Parsons, Jr.
posted
Jared,

In the 2011 Shugart's Complete Price Guide to Watches, the Grade 537 is listed as a 3-star watch, with book values of $1000-$1400-$1900.

Best Regards,

Ed

Posts: 6696 | Location: Southwestern Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: April 19, 2004
posted
Ed-

Thanks for the info on it.

Jared

IHC Vice President
Pitfalls Moderator
IHC Life Member
posted
Let's not be too coy Jared! You mind telling us what you paid for it? Your first post hinted at a fairly substantial price.

Best Regards,

Ed

Posts: 6696 | Location: Southwestern Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: April 19, 2004
posted
Ed-

I paid $625 for a lot of about 30 watch movements with it in it. There's some waltham 1883s and others in the lot too, but nothing else high grade. I'm assuming with only a 100 of them made that the $1,000.00 may be on the lower end of what it could bring in the auction type setting if the right Rockford collectors were aware, but who knows anymore. I'll post better pictures once I have it up and running well and possibly cased. I'm thinking it may go on ebay and let the rockford collectors do their crazy bidding Big Grin

Jared

IHC Vice President
Pitfalls Moderator
IHC Life Member
posted
Cool . . . you should do well.

Best Regards,

Ed