• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

can you identify this little Lillie "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Here is a watch that has stumped me. It is a beautiful 6s?(40mm)14k hunter. I just love this movement. It is one of the nicest little movements I have ever seen. It is marked Lillie. I have no idea who the maker is. How many jewels does have? Any thoughts?

Posts: 273 | Location: New York in the USA | Registered: May 28, 2008
IHC Member 376
Watchmaker
Picture of Samie L. Smith
posted
lOOKS TOO ME LIKE A MODEL 1 ELGIN.. tHAT SURE IS A PRETTY MOVEMENT EVEN THE PALLET FORK BRIDGE IS DECORATED.. lOOKS LIKE EITHER A JEWEL OR BUSHING ON THE MAINSPRING BARREL ARBOR ALSO VERY NICE.Smile

Posts: 3208 | Location: Monticello, Kentucky U.S.A. | Registered: June 24, 2004
posted
Samie,
I thought the same thing, but the Elgin data base shows this number being an 18s.

IHC Life Member
Site Moderator

Picture of Tom Brown
posted
It should be an Illinois size 6 11J model 1 lever set hunter grade 141 or 141S made in 1886, I would guess a private label.

Tom

Posts: 5107 | Location: New Mexico in the USA | Registered: January 27, 2007
IHC Member 376
Watchmaker
Picture of Samie L. Smith
posted
Tom i belive your right ,,There goes my perfect record that,s the frist time i ever got anything wrong.. Big Grin

Posts: 3208 | Location: Monticello, Kentucky U.S.A. | Registered: June 24, 2004
posted
Samie,
you are lucky not to be married to my ex wife. I was wrong all the time! Big Grin
Thanks Tom!

posted
Beautiful piece, Jim.

Interesting that it's lever-set.

Posts: 2962 | Location: Western New York in the USA | Registered: March 24, 2008