Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Illinois Abe Lincoln "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Bruce Byrd
posted
Does anyone have a picture of the proper dial and case for a 16s 21j Illinois Abe lincoln?

Posts: 888 | Location: San Diego, California USA | Registered: December 27, 2002
posted
Hi Bruce, Is your Abe Lincoln a model5 or a model 9? There was no specific case for these. these were sold as movements only to jewelers or jobbers and cased in the case of the customer's choice. As for the dial, the model 5's that I have seen, have a bold DS dial or a DS Montgomery dial. These dials are labeled Illinois Watch Company in script. The model 9's have a dial like you would find on a Bunn special. they have Illinois in block letters either straight line or arched.

Hope this helps,

Tom

Picture of Jim Walz
posted
Bruce here a some shots of my fairly uncommon 16s Illinois Abe Lincoln Hunting case pocket watch.

Posts: 427 | Location: Lincoln, Nebraska in the USA | Registered: April 07, 2003
Picture of Jim Walz
posted
21 jewel hunting movement

Posts: 427 | Location: Lincoln, Nebraska in the USA | Registered: April 07, 2003
Picture of Jim Walz
posted
case front of Abe Lincoln Hunting case

posted
Nice lookin watch there Jim...

The Demi Hunter case is also unusual

FEI,

This is a model 4 movement, the hunter version of the model 5. The dial shown is one of the correct styles for these movements.

Production of about 1600 movements.

Picture of Bruce Byrd
posted
I believe it is a model 9.. The serial number is 3143932

Bruce Byrd

Posts: 888 | Location: San Diego, California USA | Registered: December 27, 2002
posted
Bruce -

At that serial number the dial would be similar to what you would see on a Bunn Special in the 3 or 4 million serial range ... bold arabic numerals and arched "Illinois" signature.

Fred

Picture of Bruce Byrd
posted
I just got this watch in the mail and low and behold it is a 12s (mismarked on ebay). Can someone run the serial for me and let me know the model. Thanks

Bruce Byrd

posted
Bruce,

My source says this about your watch.

12 Size, 21 Ruby Jewels, Model 3, Pendant Set, Open Face, Grade - A. Lincoln.

Hope this helps.

Picture of Jerry Treiman
posted
You have a 12-size 3rd model made in 1917. I will try to look into dial recommendations later. My A.Lincoln, in the mid-2-millions, has a metal dial that is probably original, so yours could have also had a metal dial. What did it arrive with?

Posts: 1455 | Location: Los Angeles, California USA | Registered: January 14, 2003