Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Here is another Waltham with odd hands "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member

Picture of Jerry King
posted
Can anyone tell me if the hands on this Waltham are original, especially the minute hand.

Regards,
Jerry

Posts: 2828 | Location: California in the USA | Registered: June 23, 2008
IHC Life Member

Picture of Jerry King
posted

IHC Life Member

Picture of Jerry King
posted
#3 - It appears the watch has been re-cased.

IHC Life Member

Picture of Jerry King
posted

IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
That looks like a nice Grade 15, 15 Jewel "Adjusted" that was part of a 2500 pc "mixed" run according to the Waltham "Grey Book". The Hands coould all be "original", or true to form. I "pose" a couple similar vintage hand sets . . .

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
Now going into this a little further, the "Fleur de Lis (Minute on yours) Hands were usually on the "P" (Premium) grades and the light spade (hour on yours) hands on all of the rest of the watches, INCLUDING the "P" grades. The second hand which was probably a replacement anyway (99% were) would fit the small spades. If you look at the pictures below, you will see examples of my reasoning in more detail. i.e. save that nice minute hand and put on a light spade in it's place and the watch should be Fairly "correct".

As an aside, I still havn't the faintest idea what this "Standard" marked Waltham movement is supposed to mean or be! Confused

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
IHC Life Member

Picture of Jerry King
posted
Nice pair of watches, Dave....

At least the hands match. I guess I'll have to find one or the other to make mine match also....

Thanks for your info.

Regards,
Jerry

IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
Jerry, Check with Brian C and see what he has for hands. I bet you could go either way. Let me know if you strike out and I will look in my "stash" too. Cool

IHC Life Member

Picture of Jerry King
posted
Thanks Dave, for the suggestion, Brian C. has the hour hand (Fleur de Liz) and is sending it on Monday.

Thanks again....

Be Well,
Jerry