Closed Topic Closed
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
U.S. Watch Co. Waltham MA "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Hello Pocketwatch Enthusiasts,

I am researching the U.S. Watch Co. of Waltham MA to write a Bulletin article and I have two friends in CA that are collecting serial numbers to create a database.

I am hoping that folks might go through their collections for U.S. Watch co. watches. Could I get some basic information for the databases: size, case type, any case information, jewel count, movement finish, names on dial and movement, overall condition of watch, anything unusual.

Appreciate any assistance.

Andy Dervan

Posts: 53 | Location: Grosse Pointe, Michigan USA | Registered: March 07, 2004
IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted

Do you want images or just descriptions and numbers?

May I suggest responses be posted right here, it could prove interesting.

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
Picture of Jerry Treiman
posted
Andy - have you been in touch with Lee Thompson? He has been compiling US Watch Co data for several years now. He has been recording serial numbers of observed movements, noting many of the variants in each model.

Posts: 1455 | Location: Los Angeles, California USA | Registered: January 14, 2003
posted
Hello Lindell,

Key information: size, # jewels & description of movement, and names on dial & movement. An image of an interesting AEP pattern would be great.

Any information is appreciated... Andy Dervan

IHC President
Life Member
posted

Here's the dial on an 18-size 7-Jewel U. S. Watch Company...

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
IHC President
Life Member
posted

Same watch, movement 107864 is plain but it's interesting...

IHC President
Life Member
posted

Here's a nice 0-size "United States Watch Company" dial...

IHC President
Life Member
posted

The company story is represented on this 0-size movenent...

IHC President
Life Member
posted

Finally, here is the dial on their great 18s RR Grade watch...

IHC President
Life Member
posted

Ca. 1893 "The President" Double-Roller 150424 movement...

posted
Hi Lindell,

Those are 3 nice examples (early, high grade, and later) particularly the President. Thank you for sharing them.

Question - how did you photograph the dial and movements?

Andy Dervan

IHC President
Life Member
posted

Not sure I understand the question Andy. If better images in high resolution would be of help for your article, just let me know. All you need do in return is properly credit me as the source of my images and information.

Lindell

Smile

posted
Hello Lindell,

How do you photograph the pocketwatch dials and movements? Digital/film, equipment step, etc. I need to photograph a few watches for examples in the article.

Thanks... Andy