Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Waltham Travel Watch/Clock "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 234
Picture of Jim Cope
posted
...I acquired this WWI vintage Waltham travel clock and I'll be darned if I can figure out how to remove the front bezel from the 'piece...the back on this 7 J 16S Model'08 pops off w/an opener but I wonder if anyone has had any experience w/removing the bezel, and the watch, from the stand?...

Posts: 872 | Location: Kingsville, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 16, 2003
IHC Member 234
Picture of Jim Cope
posted
...the back...

Picture of Jerry Treiman
posted
The front bezel should unscrew. By the way, are there any markings inside the case back?

Posts: 1455 | Location: Los Angeles, California USA | Registered: January 14, 2003
IHC Member 234
Picture of Jim Cope
posted
...thanks Jerry ...I tried that...I'll just have to try harder..as for the case, there are absolutely no markings, not even service marks, inside the caseback...

IHC Member 234
Picture of Jim Cope
posted
...well Jerry, trying harder worked...you were right as usual...bezel unscrewed using what is known in the auto mechanic's trade as a 'water-pump wrench'...hardly kosher for use on a watch but it did the job...thanks again...

Picture of Jerry Treiman
posted
Glad it worked out. I have one of these with a 16-1/2 size Equity movement.

Posts: 1455 | Location: Los Angeles, California USA | Registered: January 14, 2003