• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Hand needed for my first bargain "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
A local estate sale advertised pocket watches in the lineup, so I showed up early ... and happily drove home with a 16s two-tone Illinois Springfield for $45! The auctioneer was disgusted at the lack of bidding, despite a packed house, hurting his 10% buyer's premium. If anybody has a matching minute hand for sale let me know.

Posts: 2962 | Location: Western New York in the USA | Registered: March 24, 2008
posted
Movement

Posts: 2962 | Location: Western New York in the USA | Registered: March 24, 2008
posted
A better shot

posted
Great case

posted
Does somebody have a matching moon hand?

Picture of Edward Kitner
posted
Eric,
Nice catch!

Posts: 1488 | Location: New York State in the USA | Registered: March 04, 2008
IHC Life Member
posted
Not exactly a match, but I do have this. It is not perfect and a bit on the purple side. You are welcome to it if you want it. Is the color of yours blue? I might have others but would have to do some digging. Great deal BTW!

Posts: 1078 | Location: Ticonderoga, New York USA | Registered: March 01, 2008
posted
You did well Eric, very nice looking watch...mmmm, Illinois are among my very favorite...

Posts: 1499 | Location: Rancho Cucamonga, California USA | Registered: December 20, 2006
posted
Thanks, Roger, but I was hoping for a blue match (see last pic), unless you've got a complete matching set for sale. I'm finding out it's sometimes tougher to match hands than to fix a movement!

Eric

IHC Life Member
posted
Eric...I am assuming you are able to fit hands yourself? Here is another one I found that looks closer to what you have.

posted
Roger, do you have the mate to that hand? I could just replace the hour/minute hands and be happy with that. If not, I could clamp that hand and file down the flares to form a reasonable substitute:

IHC Life Member
posted
Eric...I do have the matching hour hand. Don't know if the hole will match the size of your arbor, but you are welcome to it. Send me a PM with your address and I will mail them to you.

Roger